ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Pre Nov 2006) success Croydon - 18th May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nedian21
Newly Registered

ILR (Pre Nov 2006) success Croydon - 18th May

Post by nedian21 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I am posting on behalf of my close friend who got his ILR yesterday at Croydon PEO. We both have got valuable information from these forums and he wanted to share his experience with other members.

His case was: WP + HSMP (Pre Nov 2006) + Tier 1 extention

His case is quite similar to me so I am quite relieved he got it and that too without any issues.

Anyway here is his story in his own words:

- Appoitnment booked: 215 pm (For myself and my wife but I went alone)
- Reached by 1320, went to grd floor, precheck of application, paid fee, went to the waiting room
- My number called by 2pm, 15 mins even earlier than my appoitment…not so many ppl there..
- Went to the case worker, gave him application Form and Passports…he has been looking into the Passports then he asked for 3 months payslips, bankstatments and employer letter and then he again started looking into these documents..then he said, go to waiting area, I will give u a shout…
- He made checks on my case atleast 45-50 mins…then he called me..he asked for Life in the UK Test, I gave him without asking anything..

- He then said to me that tick HSMP category instead of JR HSMP, I ticked then he said leave it as it was but by that time I already ticked..I said I am applying under JR, he said you got HSMP in 2007. I replied but I applied before Nov ,2006 I have a letter from UKBA..he said don’t worry…

- He then asked me if I have a utitlity or any bill under my spouse's name, I have cohibatation docs with me, I gave all like waterbill, bank statements, council bills, but he only took 2 council bills and made a copy..he made a copy for everything I gave, he didn’t even ask me for the photocopies….

Then after 10 mins he said you are given ILR and PP will be endorsed in 30 mins around..

- In all that time, I had some confusion but I didn’t try to argue him, but at last after he granted, I asked that for my information let me know that I am covered by JR and I have this extension letter, he said yes that’s fine but actually Form's category of JR HSMP meant for 4 years, and Form is not correct at the moment…and he also confirmed that 'Life in the UK' is not required..

I also told him that I didn’t fillup the Section 9, he said that’s fine, no worries…so it seems that he considered me under JR but he was initially confused as well…and also I didn’t make any argument because I have had all documents with me..12months for everythng…

- No p60 was asked…All done in 2 hrs...

So all those who applied for HSMP between April 2006 and Nov 2006 wont be assessed on the points based system as per JR.

also he has got a daughter but didnt apply ILR for her and will now apply for her nationality directly via MN form.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 am

Hi, Did he work for the same employer? If not did the case worker asked for letters from previous employer?

nedian21
Newly Registered

Post by nedian21 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 am

thunderera wrote:Hi, Did he work for the same employer? If not did the case worker asked for letters from previous employer?
No he has switched jobs.

CW did ask letter from employer..meant should be current but i gave him an envelope having letter from old employer as well and i saw he did make a copy as well for that old employer letter..

salina02

Re: ILR (Pre Nov 2006) success Croydon - 18th May

Post by salina02 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:15 pm

nedian21 wrote:I am posting on behalf of my close friend who got his ILR yesterday at Croydon PEO. We both have got valuable information from these forums and he wanted to share his experience with other members.

His case was: WP + HSMP (Pre Nov 2006) + Tier 1 extention

His case is quite similar to me so I am quite relieved he got it and that too without any issues.

Anyway here is his story in his own words:

- Appoitnment booked: 215 pm (For myself and my wife but I went alone)
- Reached by 1320, went to grd floor, precheck of application, paid fee, went to the waiting room
- My number called by 2pm, 15 mins even earlier than my appoitment…not so many ppl there..
- Went to the case worker, gave him application Form and Passports…he has been looking into the Passports then he asked for 3 months payslips, bankstatments and employer letter and then he again started looking into these documents..then he said, go to waiting area, I will give u a shout…
- He made checks on my case atleast 45-50 mins…then he called me..he asked for Life in the UK Test, I gave him without asking anything..

- He then said to me that tick HSMP category instead of JR HSMP, I ticked then he said leave it as it was but by that time I already ticked..I said I am applying under JR, he said you got HSMP in 2007. I replied but I applied before Nov ,2006 I have a letter from UKBA..he said don’t worry…

- He then asked me if I have a utitlity or any bill under my spouse's name, I have cohibatation docs with me, I gave all like waterbill, bank statements, council bills, but he only took 2 council bills and made a copy..he made a copy for everything I gave, he didn’t even ask me for the photocopies….

Then after 10 mins he said you are given ILR and PP will be endorsed in 30 mins around..

- In all that time, I had some confusion but I didn’t try to argue him, but at last after he granted, I asked that for my information let me know that I am covered by JR and I have this extension letter, he said yes that’s fine but actually Form's category of JR HSMP meant for 4 years, and Form is not correct at the moment…and he also confirmed that 'Life in the UK' is not required..

I also told him that I didn’t fillup the Section 9, he said that’s fine, no worries…so it seems that he considered me under JR but he was initially confused as well…and also I didn’t make any argument because I have had all documents with me..12months for everythng…

- No p60 was asked…All done in 2 hrs...

So all those who applied for HSMP between April 2006 and Nov 2006 wont be assessed on the points based system as per JR.

also he has got a daughter but didnt apply ILR for her and will now apply for her nationality directly via MN form.
Could you please let us know the option you selected in section 10 for pre nov 2006
Is it 10g or 10h