ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JESSIES

Tier 1 extension

Post by JESSIES » Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 am

HI
I am returning to England to apply for my Tier 1 visa extension. I am planning to apply the day I return so I won't be working yet. Will this cause any problems for my application?

Is it a pre-requisite to be in employment when you are applying for an extension?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun May 22, 2011 4:23 pm

not present or not working in UK is not t is not criteria , earning is and paying tax is criteria for extension of visa
CDOKS

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by aliq09 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 pm

JESSIES wrote:HI
I am returning to England to apply for my Tier 1 visa extension. I am planning to apply the day I return so I won't be working yet. Will this cause any problems for my application?

Is it a pre-requisite to be in employment when you are applying for an extension?

Hi ,

Most of the people are trying to turn the tables while staying outside UK and just coming to extend there visas and after that they will fly home. Kindly make sure your chances are quite small and in any case they will turn down your application. No TAX , no NI so how on earth they will renew your visa. I will be really thankful to you if you can post your results here..... man! we are paying good tax and NI :)

Thanks
Thanks

Ali

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm

As long as they can earn necessary points they are fine with extension. If they can earn points without uplift ratio, it means that they have sufficient resources to survive in UK without using public funds.

aliq09 wrote:
JESSIES wrote:HI

Hi ,

Most of the people are trying to turn the tables while staying outside UK and just coming to extend there visas and after that they will fly home. Kindly make sure your chances are quite small and in any case they will turn down your application. No TAX , no NI so how on earth they will renew your visa. I will be really thankful to you if you can post your results here..... man! we are paying good tax and NI :)

Thanks

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue May 24, 2011 12:29 pm

I worked in England the last 4 years and decided to head back home to Sydney for over a year due to the English recession and being slightly home sick. Yes, I reach the income threshold without the uplift - glad I came back for a year because I am making alot alot more money in Australia then I ever did in the UK. Hopefully UK economy will pick up when I return

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 1:38 pm

There is absolutely no requirement to pay tax or NI for extension.