ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prakashm
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa extension Query

Post by prakashm » Sun May 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,

I am in London right now on a Tier 1 visa which is expiring in Jan 2012.

I have 9 months earnings from India (equivalent to 22k GBP) and 16K GBP earnings from UK for the next 3 months until Aug 2011. My visa is expiring in Jan 2012. I will have enough points by Aug 2011 for the extension.

Now I have got a very good contract offer in HongKong for a year and need to start there sometime in August. However, I don't want to lose my Tier 1 visa. So, I was thinking of applying for the extension in mid August 2011 which is 5 months before the actual expiry date as I qualify for the points. Is it possible to apply 5 months before the expiry date? Please confirm.

Thanks,
PM

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Visa extension Query

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 pm

There is no limit on early application, some people in this very forum got early extensions. Search this forum and you will get positive and negative aspects of early extension applications.
prakashm wrote:Hi,

I am in London right now on a Tier 1 visa which is expiring in Jan 2012.

I have 9 months earnings from India (equivalent to 22k GBP) and 16K GBP earnings from UK for the next 3 months until Aug 2011. My visa is expiring in Jan 2012. I will have enough points by Aug 2011 for the extension.

Now I have got a very good contract offer in HongKong for a year and need to start there sometime in August. However, I don't want to lose my Tier 1 visa. So, I was thinking of applying for the extension in mid August 2011 which is 5 months before the actual expiry date as I qualify for the points. Is it possible to apply 5 months before the expiry date? Please confirm.

Thanks,
PM