ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfering Visa to the new Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kandasamy

Transfering Visa to the new Passport

Post by kandasamy » Sun May 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi All,

I got my son visa 2 years and visa is getting expire by 30_04-2012. The passport which he hold is valid only until 27-12-2011.. I am planning to apply for the new Passport for my son. My doubt is when he got the new passport whether the passport official will transfer the existing visa to the new passport or we need to apply separately with UK consulate for getting his visa to transfer.
What is the procedure for transferring the existing visa to the new passport.

Could anyone clarify the above doubt

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kandasamy

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Transfering Visa to the new Passport

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:26 pm

You can request passport officials to stamp in the new passport as, previous passport is attached bearing a valid visa and then you can keep together both old and new passports during traveling. If you wish the visa transfer through UK consulate, you have to pay a fee, which is unnecessary, in my opinion.

kandasamy wrote:Hi All,

I got my son visa 2 years and visa is getting expire by 30_04-2012. The passport which he hold is valid only until 27-12-2011.. I am planning to apply for the new Passport for my son. My doubt is when he got the new passport whether the passport official will transfer the existing visa to the new passport or we need to apply separately with UK consulate for getting his visa to transfer.
What is the procedure for transferring the existing visa to the new passport.

Could anyone clarify the above doubt

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kandasamy