ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my OCI application was rejected :-(

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suresh
Newly Registered

my OCI application was rejected :-(

Post by suresh » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:54 pm

hi all,

I'm sooo dissapointed! I spent considerable time and energy reading the HCI London website for OCI information, collected all documentation, did an extra paper round to save the fee :wink: and went to HCI London this morning to submit my documentation to become a proud overseas citizen of India...

...unfortunately the OCI interviewer threw out my application. The reason? Because I attempted to prove my mother's indian citizenship eligibility through her UK passport (which shows that she was born in India in 1932) and also through her UK naturalisation document which shows that she lived in India up to 1952.

The OCI interviewer told me that ONLY INDIAN documentation may be submitted as proof of parents/grandparents citizenship. I replied that the website info didn't state this, it says "any other proof" and doesn't say anywhere that only indian documentation is valid. I suggested that a UK passport is a bona fide legal document recognised internationally, but the OCI man stuck to his guns and I had to leave with my tail between my legs.

I'm sad that I'll probably never get to qualify for OCI now, as I don't think I can dredge up indian proof of my mothers indian citizenship. Has anyone else out there had any similar experience? Anyone care to commiserate with me? :cry:

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:49 pm

sorry mate;

I am sure if you went and lived in India for sometime you would be able to get a passport :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.

fakira
- thin ice -

afraid of oci interview

Post by fakira » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 am

i wonder what questions are asked at the interview?i posted my oci application from goa on the 3/5/2008.there is no response from new delhi aftera week
Last edited by fakira on Sat May 10, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i let out a lot of steam on this forum.cooled down after citizenship

riteshprk
Newly Registered

Re: my OCI application was rejected :-(

Post by riteshprk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:04 am

suresh wrote:hi all,

I'm sooo dissapointed! I spent considerable time and energy reading the HCI London website for OCI information, collected all documentation, did an extra paper round to save the fee :wink: and went to HCI London this morning to submit my documentation to become a proud overseas citizen of India...

...unfortunately the OCI interviewer threw out my application. The reason? Because I attempted to prove my mother's indian citizenship eligibility through her UK passport (which shows that she was born in India in 1932) and also through her UK naturalisation document which shows that she lived in India up to 1952.

The OCI interviewer told me that ONLY INDIAN documentation may be submitted as proof of parents/grandparents citizenship. I replied that the website info didn't state this, it says "any other proof" and doesn't say anywhere that only indian documentation is valid. I suggested that a UK passport is a bona fide legal document recognised internationally, but the OCI man stuck to his guns and I had to leave with my tail between my legs.

I'm sad that I'll probably never get to qualify for OCI now, as I don't think I can dredge up indian proof of my mothers indian citizenship. Has anyone else out there had any similar experience? Anyone care to commiserate with me? :cry:

Thanks
Try to do from India. Get birth certificate from India. If this not possible get some kind of Date of birth proof like School Certificate/Voter ID/Ration Card. If all this not available. Go to local notary office make affidavit and get seal approval of notary officer. After that try to get advise of advocate and apply at Passport Office in India or come back and apply here.

regards,
rit03