ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Extension Confusion

Post by Rex » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:02 pm

I applied for FLR on 12 April, one month before my current leave expired. I received my extension approval today through 21 Apr 2010, which is more than three years, but leaves me three weeks shy of being eligible for ILR when it expires. Annoying, but I will worry about it in 2010, not now.
I have spoken today to general enquiry WP(UK) and I was informed that the extension visa will start from the date of approval of extension instaed of from the date of expiry of current LTR. The reason given is that they have endorsing stamp for each day to be stamped on all the cases approved on that date and they cant move that date for a future date for each individual passport.

Regards
OneTen
just called WP team and the person told me that I can apply for FLR no more than 2 months before expiry of my current visa, so I can apply anytime next month...

Further I asked him from when my visa would start? he said from the day my existing visa expires, no matter I apply 8 weeks in advance or 5 weeks in advance...

For your case you better contact them and ask them to correct the validity date of your FLR Visa

Rex

Rex

Post by Rex » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:18 pm

Can anyone please put some light on this conflicting issue?