ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working visa or residence on basis of child ?!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walkindublin
Newly Registered

Working visa or residence on basis of child ?!

Post by walkindublin » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi All,

Am currently holding a working visa (Stamp 4), and about to renew it next month;

Now am wondering whether to continue my working visa (valid for 2yrs), or change to residence on basis of child (same stamp 4, but valid for 3yrs)?

Anyone with any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu May 26, 2011 12:12 am

i should prefer you to take stamp on behalf of your child.you know very well in this recession climate .if incase you loose your job.then its hard to continue in green card.

Muttsnuts

Re: Working visa or residence on basis of child ?!

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am

walkindublin wrote:Hi All,

Am currently holding a working visa (Stamp 4), and about to renew it next month;

Now am wondering whether to continue my working visa (valid for 2yrs), or change to residence on basis of child (same stamp 4, but valid for 3yrs)?

Anyone with any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Are you on a work permit or a Green Card? If so are you receiving Stamp 4 after 5 years of work permit/green cards?

I would renew next month as normal and then seek to obtain Stamp 4 on the basis of your child but get a solicitor to make the application for you.