ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extn PEO success - Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1extn1
Newly Registered

Tier1 extn PEO success - Croydon

Post by tier1extn1 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your support throughout the appln process for tier1 extn.
It was a smooth sail.

Key point i want to bring out is,
I applied two months prior to my expiry and I was given extn from the date of expiry.. Lucky me :)

Cheers....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon May 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Just to clarify, that does not always happen and it is perfectly acceptable for a visa to be issued from the date the decision made rather than expiry.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Perhaps UK immigration is going to follow the pattern of other European countries, where visa/residence permit is extended from the date of expiry rather than the date of decision.

mulderpf wrote:Just to clarify, that does not always happen and it is perfectly acceptable for a visa to be issued from the date the decision made rather than expiry.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 am

mulderpf wrote:Just to clarify, that does not always happen and it is perfectly acceptable for a visa to be issued from the date the decision made rather than expiry.
The rule is very clear atleast in Croydon now:

1) Apply within 2 months of expiry - visa from date of expiry
2) before 2 months - visa from the date of appointment.

No ambiguity in this - that is the direction to the case worker. No if/always/sometimes.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 am

akash08 wrote:

No ambiguity in this - that is the direction to the case worker. No if/always/sometimes.
Could you provide some evidence of this from UKBA? I prefer to have it in black and white when I am playing with my future and my money. Not to say what you are saying is not true.
Keep it simple!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 am

akash08 wrote:

That may be how it is right now (as I have no evidence to disprove it at the moment), however, as it is not a written down rule, they can change their minds tomorrow and start issuing visas again from the date the decision is made. The current statement on UKBA website is:
This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires.
So if they decide to enforce it strictly again, there will be a few really unhappy people on here.