ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PhotoCopy of All Supporting Docs - Is it Mandatory

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jacob123

PhotoCopy of All Supporting Docs - Is it Mandatory

Post by Jacob123 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 am

Dear Members,

For Tier 1 General, While going through the UKBA website under supporting documents today, I read that we are required to provide original copy of all the supporting document and a photocopy. Some how I never read the requirement for submitting a photo copy of the documents before. While applying I read the main form and the guideline pdf but this was not mentioned.

Not sure if it is introduced new or has been in existence before and I missed it.Would non submission of photo copy effect my application. A quick reply from experienced members will greatly help.

Cheers,
Jacob

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: PhotoCopy of All Supporting Docs - Is it Mandatory

Post by mvent00 » Tue May 24, 2011 12:37 am

Jacob123 wrote:Dear Members,

For Tier 1 General, While going through the UKBA website under supporting documents today, I read that we are required to provide original copy of all the supporting document and a photocopy. Some how I never read the requirement for submitting a photo copy of the documents before. While applying I read the main form and the guideline pdf but this was not mentioned.

Not sure if it is introduced new or has been in existence before and I missed it.Would non submission of photo copy effect my application. A quick reply from experienced members will greatly help.

Cheers,
Jacob
Normally, for applications made inside UK, you don't need photocopies, for applications made outside UK, every VAC (visa application center for UK) is different and in almost all cases outside UK you'll need photocopies. Make one set for you and one for embassy.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 6:56 am

It is always a good thing to have copies in case they lose the originals and so that you know what you have submitted in your application pack.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:24 am

Thank you for the quick comments mvent00 and mulderpf. I greatly appreciate that.

Cheers
Jacob