ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Apply as dependant or for own ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlton
Newly Registered

ILR - Apply as dependant or for own ILR

Post by carlton » Tue May 24, 2011 8:34 am

Hi,

I have a question about applying for ILR for myself and partner.

We both arrived in the UK on 09-Sep-06 and each on our own Ancestral Visa's and have been living together since, and would be applying for ILR in September this year.

When it comes to applying for ILR, is it possible for one of us to apply for ILR and add the other person as a dependant ? or is best that we both apply seperately for ILR ?

It seems that adding one person as a dependant may save some money if it is possible, but if that way is possible does the dependant then also get ILR and not a dependant visa or something similiar ?

I hope all is clear as this is my first post.

Thanking you in advance for you help.

Kind Regards
Carl

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 am

To be eligible for ILR as an ancestry dependant, 196D(v) should also be satisfied. i.e. Applicant should have leave as an ancestry dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.