ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw-->tier 2...store mgr is not a graduate level job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niksar
Newly Registered

psw-->tier 2...store mgr is not a graduate level job

Post by niksar » Tue May 24, 2011 8:40 am

hi all,
i am in a diffifcult situation and i hope some one would help me.
I am in psw for last 1 yr after i graduated. I work as a store manager for a big retail company and my area manager is more than happy to help me with the process involved(but he doent knw anything abt the immigration). so he went to the central HR(central hr went to their lawyers) with the query but was told that the the role of Store Manager does not require a degree and will not come under any of the Immigration Occupational Codes of Practice and therefore would not be able to sponsor me under Tier 2.

since i am in psw and been working there for more than 6mths, i dont have to completee resident labour market test.

is there any way out of this????? can anyone help me pls?
it will be much appreciated. pls ask me if u dont get the scenario.thx

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 pm

it seems that graduate level jobs only can be sponsored now.
Am not 100% sure but check this: http://www.gherson.com/News/Tier2-gradu ... tions.aspx

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 am

This document contains the graduate level occupations list.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Also in the Tier 2 Applications now there are no points awarded for level of qualification and this could be because by merely having been granted a CoS it shows that you have a "graduate level occupation". I think the best you can do is to find from that list anything that closely resembles your job title/duties and check the Code of practice for related duties. ( I don't know if there is a new code of prractice related to this new graduate occupations list, couldn't find any on the UKBA site ,so if there is please somebody direct to that)

niksar
Newly Registered

Post by niksar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:18 pm

thank you so much for the help