ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa rejected for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dterence
Newly Registered

Visitor visa rejected for parents

Post by dterence » Tue May 24, 2011 11:48 am

My parents applied for visitor visa for six weeks but thier visa was rejected today.
The explanation;

you stated that your sponsor will fund your visit and that of your wife. In support of your applciation sponsor has provided an employment contract and a bank statement. however, your sponsor has not provided satisfactory evidence of her personal and financial circumstances., liabilities and commitments. I am therefore unable toa ssess whether the offer of financial suport is credible or viable. This leads me to doub that your sopnsor is in a position to support you for 6 weeks as claimed.

You have provided an invitation letter from your UK sponsor offering you accomodation. You haev also provided evidence of a provisional tenancy agreement. however, this document confirms that a property might rented, it is not reasonable evidence in respect of the propsed accomodation, which details the occupancy and confirms that it willnot become statutorily over crowded, were you, your wife or other guests to be admitted to the UK. Indeed I note that the address on your sponsors bank statement differs from teh address given or teh letter of invitation.

These are the points I picked up and my comments. Apprecaite your thoughts.
- No evidence of financial and personal circumstance - I provided last six months of payslips and bank statements. I have no liabilities hence nothing to declare. I just cant seem to think whats missing. For three people I have showed more than £9k balance in my account.

- Tenancy agreement - Well if its a tenancy agreement that it self is self explanatory that its a rented property. What do they mean by statutorily overcrowded. I live a one bedroom flat but teh tenancy agreement doesnt mention that. For six weeks my parents and I could manage in the flat. How to prove that?

- Address on the bank statements - I recently moved houses and teh bank statements were showing teh previous address. however, I did attached another docuents signed by teh bank to prove that my address has now been udpated.

Advise pelase. Should I appeal or reapply for the visa.

I am a little frustrated with the this whole process and some of the refusal grounds as its quite clear that they have gone through all the docs provided.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 24, 2011 1:16 pm

dterence wrote:What do they mean by statutorily overcrowded. I live a one bedroom flat but teh tenancy agreement doesnt mention that. For six weeks my parents and I could manage in the flat. How to prove that?

See also Guidance on Accommodation Overcrowding
Last edited by vinny on Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Overcrowding: See here with regards to details about overcrowding. As you say, your tenancy agreement doesn't state that it's a 1-bedroom flat (or the size of your living room I assume), so how do they know that your place won't be overcrowded (according to the law, not what you think will be fine).

Don't have much to add with regards to the other points.

EDIT: Sorry, Vinny posted while I was typing :P

esal

Post by esal » Tue May 24, 2011 1:23 pm

I feel sorry for you.

I am also living in one bed flat with wife and planning to bring parents next month. Was about to apply for family visitor visa but looking at ur case I think will go for general(touriest) visitor visa. As I am also concerned they will give this overcrowded reason.

dterence
Newly Registered

Post by dterence » Tue May 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks all. Any advise on how I should proceed further.

Will an appeal work if I provide more details as requested (ignoring the overcrowd fact ofcourse)?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm

You shouldn't ignore the overcrowding issue - rather just deal with it. If you have a one bedroom plus a decent size living room, you can prove that it will not be overcrowded.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm

For overcrowding purpose how many rooms excluding Spam and bathrooms do you have? You will need a minimum two rooms of a decent size in order to comply with overcrowding legislation

As for others, provide a breakdown of your income and outgoings by detailing all income and expenses per month.That will give them a good idea of your costs

As for appealing, I wouldn't bother.Its time consuming and expensive. You might be better reapplying again by providing enough personal information and circumstances for it not to be refused again. The choice is yours to make. For appeal you have 28 days to get it in otherwise its to late

dterence
Newly Registered

Post by dterence » Wed May 25, 2011 9:07 am

one good size bedroom and a living room only.

I was hoping to manage with a extra mattress in the living room as its just me and parents

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

That should be enough for you then. Maybe if you were to send photos of the flat along with measurements of the room with an application, it may satisfy the ECO