ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Travel on VWP after nationality change

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boylove
Newly Registered

US Travel on VWP after nationality change

Post by boylove » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Hi All,
I used to hold a non-VWP country's passport and had a US B1/B2 visa stamped on it, which is still valid. I had travelled to US on it quite a few times.
Now, I have changed nationality (UK) and come under VWP. Do I need to declare my previous passport (now invalid) at US port of entry? Or can I just use VWP on my new passport? Or do I need to move the Visa to new passport or the old one is still valid?
What is the rule? I have searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer. What have people done in this situation before? Please guide me here. Thanks for your comments/help.

sheetaxml
Newly Registered

Post by sheetaxml » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:33 pm

:?: Is there any one travelled US after nationality change using VWP and denied VISA before nationality change.

Thanks

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:54 pm

boylove wrote:Hi All,
What is the rule? I have searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer. What have people done in this situation before? Please guide me here. Thanks for your comments/help.
I was in exactly the same situation - you don't need to do anything. Just travel to the US with your UK passport. You don't need a visa in your UK passport, and you don't have to "declare" your old nationality.

See also the following post:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6947

John, maybe you could put this up as a sticky, as it's always coming up.

sheetaxml
Newly Registered

Post by sheetaxml » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:29 pm

Please note that US VISA has been denied under 221(g) before nationality change. Now I am british. Do you mean I still do not VISA? Thanks

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:57 pm

sheetaxml wrote:Please note that US VISA has been denied under 221(g) before nationality change. Now I am british. Do you mean I still do not VISA? Thanks
Well, in that case I suppose you *do* need a visa. If you have ever been denied a visa to the US, in whatever passaport, I think you still need a visa.

Kayalami / others may confirm.

Rogerio