ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 (general) to Tier 2 (general)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asp007
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 (general) to Tier 2 (general)

Post by asp007 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to shed some light on this situation:

I am currently on a Tier 2(general) visa valid until Jan 2013.

I have now been offered a new job with another employer, who is willing to sponsor me on a new Tier 2 general visa as I meet all the criteria and they have done a resident labour Market test.

I need to give 1 months notice to resign my current job.

If I apply for a new Tier 2 general and it gets rejected for any reason, will I still be able to continue in my current job on my current visa? Will my current Certificate of sponsorship still be valid until a new Tier 2 has been approved for me? Or does it expire as soon as my new employer raises a new certificate of sponsorship?

Please help!!!

I will be applying within the UK..

Thanks,
ASP

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (general) to Tier 2 (general)

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 12:13 pm

asp007 wrote:If I apply for a new Tier 2 general and it gets rejected for any reason, will I still be able to continue in my current job on my current visa? Will my current Certificate of sponsorship still be valid until a new Tier 2 has been approved for me? Or does it expire as soon as my new employer raises a new certificate of sponsorship?
1. Yes.
2. If your leave to remain application with new sponsor is approved, you may continue in your current job until the "date of joining" mentioned in the CoS assigned by the new employer / sponsor.
3. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!