ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at PEO london

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

perfectka
Newly Registered

ILR at PEO london

Post by perfectka » Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi all, my solicitor will submit my ILR application at PEO in London this Friday but he says the result will only be known by Monday evening. Is he just joking and trying to surprise me with a good result this Friday? I don't understand why we should expect the result for ILR only on Monday evening when we are paying for a premium service and submitting the documents this Friday. Or is it because in London it takes so long for the passport to be stamped? According to this forum majority applying in person get the result within several hours. A bit confused :shock:

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Tue May 24, 2011 9:48 pm

monday is a bank holiday, therefore the peo will not be open.

if he is submitting using the premium service on friday, you will either have an answer on friday, or the case worker will pass it on for further consideration therfore in such case will be treated the same as a postal application.

xyz123

Re: ILR at PEO london

Post by xyz123 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am

perfectka wrote:Hi all, my solicitor will submit my ILR application at PEO in London this Friday but he says the result will only be known by Monday evening. Is he just joking and trying to surprise me with a good result this Friday? I don't understand why we should expect the result for ILR only on Monday evening when we are paying for a premium service and submitting the documents this Friday. Or is it because in London it takes so long for the passport to be stamped? According to this forum majority applying in person get the result within several hours. A bit confused :shock:
Yeah most of the premium appointment applications are dealt with on same day. One possibility is that your solicitor wants to submit all applications on friday and then leave to come back on tuesday (monday being holiday). he just doesnt want to wait at the UKBA office, even thoguh u have paid him to do this.

Ask him a direct question as to why cant he wait on friday.