ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (judicial review) Going to apply for Settlement?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnanasim80
Newly Registered

HSMP (judicial review) Going to apply for Settlement?

Post by adnanasim80 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I came UK in Feb 2004 on student visa. Then I applied HSMP in aug-2006 and received approval letter on 31-Aug-2006. I went back home (Pakistan) in November got married and applied visa entry clearance on that approval letter and got one year visa from 12-12-2006 to 12-12-2007. After that I got extension of 4 years from 12-12-2007 to 12-12-2011 in uk.

My wife who is living with me came in UK as my dependant on 14-03-2007. She is now pregnant and baby is due in Aug-2011. I have few questions in my mind. If someone could please clear them I would really appreciate.
1) What requirements do I have to meet before applying? (Like some people say I have to meet the new criteria of salary and other things).
2) What visa my wife would get?
3) Do I apply dependant visa for my baby or should I wait until I get indefinite and then apply for British nationality of baby?
4) When I and my wife can apply for British nationality after getting indefinite visa?

Regards,
Adnan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 12:57 pm

1. Read 10A and 10G (under section 10), and search the forum to read experiences of other HSMP JR covered migrants regarding their settlement application.
2. Given that she has been living with you since 2007, she should be eligible for settlement at the same time as you. Include her in your application as a dependant.
3. Assuming child will be born in the UK, see ILR or MN1 form my 3 year old son. If the child will be born abroad, then the child will need to entry clearance as PBS dependant to travel to UK and will then need to be included in the ILR application.
4. See Application Naturalisation
Life isn't fair, but you can be!