ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child is Irish, can I work in the UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malaysian
Newly Registered

Child is Irish, can I work in the UK?

Post by Malaysian » Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 am

Hi guys. I'm not very clever with Chen and Zambrano, please could someone clarify:

My wife and I are Malaysian. We currently live in Ireland. We have a 2 year old child who was born in Ireland and has an Irish passport.

I have a job offer in the UK. Are we entitled to move to the UK, under Chen? But Chen, as I understand, prohibits employment. In light of Zambrano, is this employment prohibition null and void, or would I still be not allowed to work?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

Zambrano concerned EU children living in their country of nationality, in your child's case, Ireland.

Malaysian
Newly Registered

Post by Malaysian » Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am

Greenie wrote:Zambrano concerned EU children living in their country of nationality, in your child's case, Ireland.
That's what I thought. So, am I right then, we can move to the UK but if I want to work then I have to get my employer to apply for a work permit same as any other non-EEA national. Yes?

howlong

Post by howlong » Wed May 25, 2011 11:55 am

I persoanlly think applying a work permit would be more straighforward than chen and zambrano case.