ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interruption in visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sehmett

Interruption in visa?

Post by sehmett » Thu May 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello all. Please, could you help me with some advice or information.

My last visa (Tier 4 general, student visa) expired on the 30th of January 2011. I sent all the documents to extend it on the 23th of January 2011. Instead of visa I received a new biometric card. The date stated on my card is the date of issue - 1st March 2011. Does it mean that I have an interruption in visa now? It's all strange because I sent the documents earlier and the Home Office had received them before my visa expired.

I am going to apply for settlement in November-December 2011 (I have been living here for 10 years). That's why I am worrying how this case will influence my future application for the settlement in the UK.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 26, 2011 4:34 pm

the date on the card is just the case the card was issued it doesn't mean your visa has been interuppted. As long as you applied to extend your leave to remain in time (which you did) your leave continued under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 until a decison was made.

sehmett

Post by sehmett » Thu May 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Greenie wrote:the date on the card is just the case the card was issued it doesn't mean your visa has been interuppted. As long as you applied to extend your leave to remain in time (which you did) your leave continued under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 until a decison was made.
Now I'll sleep better. Thank you for the reply.