ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant name change due to marriage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pebb1e
Newly Registered

Dependant name change due to marriage

Post by pebb1e » Thu May 26, 2011 8:47 pm

I am currently on tier 1 general visa. My wife has recently joined me in the UK on tier 1 general dependant visa. My wife has her maiden name in her passport and visa as well. Now she is changing her surname. She has applied for a new passport at pakistan embassy in london with the marriage certificate.

I have heard from various people that home office does not issues new visa stickers, they just issue the biometric residence permit (card).

1)To get the visa sticker and biometric permit on the new passport, which form does she needs to fill in and submit it to the home office?
2) If she does not sends the old passport, instead she sends a copy of her visa and marriage certificate, are they going to put a new visa sticker on the new passport
3) if they do not put a new visa sticker on the new passport, does she has to travel with the old+new passport all the time when she goes for travelling outside UK.
Any help will be appreciated,
thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Dependant name change due to marriage

Post by terriblescream » Thu May 26, 2011 9:17 pm

pebb1e wrote:I am currently on tier 1 general visa. My wife has recently joined me in the UK on tier 1 general dependant visa. My wife has her maiden name in her passport and visa as well. Now she is changing her surname. She has applied for a new passport at pakistan embassy in london with the marriage certificate.

I have heard from various people that home office does not issues new visa stickers, they just issue the biometric residence permit (card).

1)To get the visa sticker and biometric permit on the new passport, which form does she needs to fill in and submit it to the home office?
2) If she does not sends the old passport, instead she sends a copy of her visa and marriage certificate, are they going to put a new visa sticker on the new passport
3) if they do not put a new visa sticker on the new passport, does she has to travel with the old+new passport all the time when she goes for travelling outside UK.
Any help will be appreciated,
thanks
1. You need Change of Circumstances Form (available on UKBA website)
2. The form says provide Marriage Certificate does not exactly state whether Original or copy but original is best since tht verifies it, copies cannot be verified. Home Office has discontinued Visa stickers for this category and issue BRP only.
3. No they do not have to travel with old passport but inform the home office of the new passport and carry the BRP