ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR - Date it will be granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raghusn
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR - Date it will be granted

Post by raghusn » Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 am

I will thankful for any information on the following.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR on 30th Aug 2011. My daughter is starting university in September, and will qualify as a home student if the ILR is granted on or before 1st September. I will make all efforts to make a PEO application on 30th Aug, since it means a difference of £75000 in three years.

My question is: If for some reason the case worker could not decide on it and I have to leave the PEO and await a decision (which I believe often happens), what date will the ILR stamp on my passport carry? Will it be the date of application, that is 30th August, or the date the case is ultimately decided, which in all probability will be later than the 1st September.

Many Thanks in advance for any light the seniors on this forum could throw on this.

xyz123

Re: Applying for ILR - Date it will be granted

Post by xyz123 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:12 am

raghusn wrote:I will thankful for any information on the following.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR on 30th Aug 2011. My daughter is starting university in September, and will qualify as a home student if the ILR is granted on or before 1st September. I will make all efforts to make a PEO application on 30th Aug, since it means a difference of £75000 in three years.

My question is: If for some reason the case worker could not decide on it and I have to leave the PEO and await a decision (which I believe often happens), what date will the ILR stamp on my passport carry? Will it be the date of application, that is 30th August, or the date the case is ultimately decided, which in all probability will be later than the 1st September.

Many Thanks in advance for any light the seniors on this forum could throw on this.
I am pretty sure it will be the actual date when the decision is made. No difference to postal applications where there is often a delay of up to 4-6 weeks for applications to be considered and ILr is stampted based on decision date not the date on which application was received.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Date of ILR will be the date of decision, unless deemed earlier under the HSMP JR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raghusn
Newly Registered

Post by raghusn » Sat May 28, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks a lot Vinny and XYZ123, for the information. I will try my damnedest to make sure it will be decided on the same day.

Thanks & Regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Make sure that you write to the University saying that her ILR application is being processed, before accepting the 'Fee status form' as International student, which she will be until she gets ILR.
It doesnt matter if there is a delay of a few days, the University takes the start day of the course as the fee determining date, this is usally never 1st of Sept and is often later. Do not apply by post, as that will take several months.
All the best

raghusn
Newly Registered

Post by raghusn » Sun May 29, 2011 3:27 am

Gidoc,

We have informed Cambridge university where she would be joining of our situation. We have told them that we would inform the fee status only by early September.
But from all accounts the fee status is determined by the start date which would be considered as 1 Sept for courses starting between 1 Sept - 31 Dec.
Have you seen any document stating otherwise?

I will make a PEO application for sure.

Thanks for your response.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 29, 2011 9:32 am

Sorry, yes it will be 1st Sept for fee determining status.