ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected: Family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

custodian

Rejected: Family visitor visa

Post by custodian » Fri May 27, 2011 3:50 pm

My mother applied for a visitor visa under the family category. Her visa got rejected stating the application did not provided satisfactory evidence of the sponsor's ability to accommodate you as claimed. Therefore I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK

I did not supply her with my Tenancy Agreement and bank statements. I was under the impression that her bank account which contained enough funds should be okay to get the visa issued. (I have learnt a lesson here and should have made her apply under the visitor visa category instead of the family catetory)

Anways, my question is that can I appeal with additional evidence? Or is it better doing a fresh application with the additional information attaching the refusal letter (reason) for the previous one.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri May 27, 2011 3:58 pm

If the only reason for refusal was the issue of accommodation, it will be much quicker to reapply, this time including all the relavant evidence.

When you say you should have "made her apply under the visitor visa category instead of the family category", what do you mean? What is your own status in the UK?

custodian

Post by custodian » Fri May 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Kitty wrote:If the only reason for refusal was the issue of accommodation, it will be much quicker to reapply, this time including all the relavant evidence.

When you say you should have "made her apply under the visitor visa category instead of the family category", what do you mean? What is your own status in the UK?
My own status in the UK is a Tier-1 General Migrant.

If she had not show any family ties in the UK and applied just as a regular tourist would have been much better than going through the hassles of more documentation.