ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for husband to live with me in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haringnl83
Newly Registered

Visa for husband to live with me in the UK

Post by haringnl83 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I am a Dutch national but I have lived in the UK since I was 3 years old, I'm now 28. I met my partner in Vietnam where we currently live, we are planning to marry next month. I am 6 months pregnant and our daughter will be born in August in Vietnam, I'm applying for a Dutch passport for her.

I really miss the UK and want to be back there to live before Christmas this year, as soon as our daughter has had her passport issued. I don't think it will be an issue for her to move with me, however I am concerned about the difficulty of getting a visa for my Vietnamese husband.

I am unsure about what would be the best route, would he be eligible for a settlement visa or better to get a family permit? Are there any other routes?How long does the process take? It's very difficult to find the information we are looking for in Vietnam.

He has an adoptive daughter from a previous marriage who is dependent on us (her mother is out of the picture), we want to take her with us, would this be a problem as I am not registered as her mother?

He wants to work in the UK while I stay home to look after the children. Will this be an issue?

I am hoping the fact we have a daughter and will be married will make the process more simple for us, but have heard stories of people being refused and this makes me concerned.

I hope someone can help us with some information so we can get the ball rolling :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 am

I am hoping the fact we have a daughter and will be married will make the process more simple for us
Well certainly the marriage will make it a lot simpler. The EEA Permit is the route to go. Once the marriage has happened make EEA Permit applications for your husband, as he will be, and also for his daughter. It is not an issue that you are not the mother.

His daughter, legally adopted in Vietnam? And he has the papers to show that? The daughter lives with the two of you now? How old is the daughter?
He wants to work in the UK while I stay home to look after the children. Will this be an issue?
You will be exercising Treaty Rights as a Self-Sufficient person, and that will entitle your husband to work. But in order to exercise Treaty Rights in that way you will need sickness insurance, but get to the UK first and then sort that out.
John

haringnl83
Newly Registered

Post by haringnl83 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Thank you for your advice.
His daughter, legally adopted in Vietnam? And he has the papers to show that? The daughter lives with the two of you now? How old is the daughter?
Yes his daughter is legally adopted in Vietnam and he has the adoption papers, she is now 2 years old. She doesn't live with us at the moment as she lives with her grandmother, but she comes to stay with us for periods of times.