ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements for UK Marriage visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phil0516
Newly Registered

Financial requirements for UK Marriage visa

Post by Phil0516 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:38 pm

My wife and I recently married in the US (she is a UK citizen). We decided we want to live in the UK because we will have a strong network of family and friends. She was previously employed before moving out here and I was employed until May 20 in which I quit so I could complete the visa process (I was working 60-70 hours a week managing a restaurant). Her dad can financially support us until we both have jobs again but is this going to be good enough to get my visa approved? She also just found out she was pregnant. Will this help or hurt our chances? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun May 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Third party support may be acceptable:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation

Phil0516
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by Phil0516 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Does anyone know if the pregnancy will help or hurt our chances? She is only a couple weeks along.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Neither... just the issue of finance.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Thank you

Post by ElenaW » Tue May 31, 2011 10:55 am

Phil0516 wrote:Does anyone know if the pregnancy will help or hurt our chances? She is only a couple weeks along.
They will not have a way of knowing she is pregnant anyways.

Phil0516
Newly Registered

Post by Phil0516 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

I know...i meant should I mention it to them? I would hope that if they knew she was pregnant, that they wouldnt keep us seperated but it would make the financial situation more difficult.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

The only benefit you may have in mentioning the pregnancy is in showing the relationship is subsisting...i.e genuine.

Phil0516
Newly Registered

Post by Phil0516 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:37 am

I am really scared now as I just spoke to marriagevisahelp.com and she said due to the fact that she is unemployed and Im only coming over with $1200, I will likely get declined for my marriage visa. Is there anyway around this as she only has $150/month in outgoings and her parents have already stated they will financially support us including housing until we both get our own careers. I have my B.S. from Michigan State University and we both have resumes that show we have earning power. Is there any hope or is time to realize that the application will be declined and we will be seperated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:17 am

Relax. You've been given poor advice. The legal advisor doesn't appear to be aware that regulations have changed and 3rd party financial support together with accommodation is now permitted. If your wife's family is willing to offer this then you shouldn't have a problem meeting the financial/accommodation side of the application.
I suggest you contact an OISC Registered Immigration Advisor who is based in the UK.

Phil0516
Newly Registered

Post by Phil0516 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you :) I have been a bit stressed lately due to this process and being seperated from her has been horrible. I appreciate it as your message has put me a bit at ease and our employment prospects are looking better as we both received offers for interviews today although mine might not happen since im not in the UK but figured I could at least print it off and include it in my packet to show that I should find work rather quick.