ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please check to confirm my eligibility for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SAL1313

Please check to confirm my eligibility for Naturalisation

Post by SAL1313 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 am

Hello,

After the tremendous help I received here for my ILR application, it is only natural for me to be back for some 'second' opinion on my naturalisation application, as this ofcourse is a critically important stage for me.

I have 3 queries as below and would sincerely appreciate your help.

1. My eligibility and residency history:

I residency/VISA history is as below. Could you please check and confirm that I am now eligible to apply for naturalisation?

Arrival in UK: 10 Jun 2005 on Work Permit
(2 changes of employers whilst on Work Permit-Both done whilst in UK without any gaps)

Switch to Spouse Visa on 22 Feb 2008 (Changed visa when we went back home on a 3 week holiday)

Received PR/ILR on 24 May 2010 with Spouse (who qualified after completing 5 Years on Work Permit; Note: She has been out of UK now for 10 months)

With reference to Time out of country since 24 May 2010 (since ILR):

The below dates are dates of departure and days of landing back in UK; I have counted the date of departure as a 'day out'
19 Jun - 26 Jun 2010 = 7
19 Sep - 03 Oct 2010 = 14
14 Oct - 21 Nov 2010 = 38
20 Apr - 11 May 2011 = 21

Total Nights out of UK in last 12 months based on above calculation: 80

2. Documents required for NCS Application:

Would you recommend that I make an application through NCS? If yes, could you please advise me on what documents I need for an NCS application. I do have the standard link but according to it all I need is my Passport, Completed form and my Life in the UK that I passed 1 year ago for ILR. Is this correct? Please confirm/advice if I need anything else.

3. Lastly, Which NCS?

Do I have to use the NCS of the council where I live or can I choose? Is there a recommendation based on quality and reliabilityof service?

I appreciate there are a few queries up there but would of course want to be thorough and confident before I apply; Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards[/b]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 30, 2011 1:37 am

1. On/after 24-May-11, provided you fulfil the standard requirements.
2. The form and guidance tells you the documents required for naturalisation application. This requirement (documentary evidence) is not dictated by NCS.
3. Any NCS of your choice, and can get an appointment from on a day suitable to you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Please check to confirm my eligibility for Naturalisatio

Post by Jambo » Mon May 30, 2011 1:50 am

SAL1313 wrote:
1. My eligibility and residency history:

2. Documents required for NCS Application:

3. Lastly, Which NCS?
You are eligible now to apply for naturalisation assuming that you:
a. Have ILR for more than 12 months - OK
b. Have spent less than 90 days outside the UK in the year before the application - OK
c. Have passed LIUK test OK
d. Has been physically in the UK exactly 5 year before the application reaches the HO (same day 5 years back).
e. Has spent less than 450 days outside the UK during the 5 years before the application.
f. Are of a good character (no spent convictions) + two referees.

From what you stated a,b,c are met. If you meet d,e,f, you are good to go.

If you have passed the LIUF test for ILR, then only your passport (and maybe previous passport) is required - that would be used to prove a, b, d, e. No need for the pile of documents needed in the past when dealing with the HO.
You can use any NCS of your choice. There are differences in the price they charge for the service and the availability of appointments. I would start checking in the most convenient one (close to home/work) and check with neighbouring councils just to compare. You can also make a postal application. The advantage with NCS is that they check the application for errors (technical errors such as form not properly filled. not whether the application will be granted or not) and they also photocopy your passport so you can keep it.
Straight forward applications take about 1-2 months. If successful, you will need to attend a citizenship ceremony within 3 months.

SAL1313

Post by SAL1313 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:16 am

Thanks sushd for your reply.

Of course I have checked those links and meet all standard requirements.
I basically wanted an OK for the Switch between my various VISA types and of course an OK for my time periods. Looks like you agree with me when you suggested 24 May.

Secondly, I have checked guiance and documents list on from as well and again seems like Passport, Life in UK Certificate and Completed form is all that is required. Can you just confirm this please?

Cheers

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 am

SAL1313 wrote: Passport, Life in UK Certificate and Completed form is all that is required.
Yes.
I suggest you book an appointment via NCS which will check your application and save you more worrying.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 am

SAL1313, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SAL1313

Post by SAL1313 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 am

sorry, wasnt sure if that was the right section so reposted under my original thread!! I guess its more suited here so could you move it here maybe.

thanks and sorry about the confusion

P.S: Also, your opinion will be appreciated on my latest enquiry

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Please check to confirm my eligibility for Naturalisatio

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

Jambo wrote:
b. Have spent less than 90 days outside the UK in the year before the application

Hello Does this includes the travel days for work? or only personal holidays?

what if my company puts me on the assignment to Amsterdam for say 4 months? with the condition that i will be paid in UK and continue to pay Tax and NI here.

Appreciate the guidance in this matter as last thing I want is to not satisfy this condition and then wait for one year again in a hope that it does not happen again.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.