ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependent fund maintenance 1600+800 or 1600+2800 ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spsahu82
Pakistan

tier 1 dependent fund maintenance 1600+800 or 1600+2800 ?

Post by spsahu82 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:06 am

Hi,
Currently I am holding Tier 1 General visa and staying in UK since November 2010. I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife on 3 June 2011 from VFS India.
As I am in UK for less than one year, I have maintain 1600(dependent) + 800(self) = 2400 GBP for three month by referring visa guideline. However few threads in this forum says that many of Tier1 dependent visa got rejected in past due to insufficient fund, 2800 for self & 1600 for dependent. Today I have received mail confirmation from VFS India that only 1600 GBP is required for dependent visa application.
Can someone please share thought/experience on this issue.
I have maintained 2400 GBP in Barclay Bank UK. I have visited three different Barclay branch in London for fund maintenance letter, however all the branch has refused to give such letter. They have provided me a online statement in plain paper(not on Barclay letter head or logo on Paper) with the Barclay Stamp on it (no signature). Hope this is fine for visa application.

Thanks in advance.

spsahu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: tier 1 dependent fund maintenance 1600+800 or 1600+2800

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 pm

spsahu82 wrote:I have visited three different Barclay branch in London for fund maintenance letter, however all the branch has refused to give such letter. They have provided me a online statement in plain paper(not on Barclay letter head or logo on Paper) with the Barclay Stamp on it (no signature). Hope this is fine for visa application.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jacob123

Re: tier 1 dependent fund maintenance 1600+800 or 1600+2800

Post by Jacob123 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:46 pm

spsahu,

You need in bank official stationary that shd have logo,. In addition there shd be stamp and sign in each page.

Take a print out of this requirement from UKBA site and go to branches of your bank and show them the requirement. Explain how important it is for you to get the right statement and apply for the visa. People generally tend to help if you patiently explain and make them understand the right way.

For the maintenance fund 800+1600 shd be ok however as you have rightly written from others experience where there has been rejection hence if possible go with 2800+1600.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Cheers,
Jacob
spsahu82 wrote:Hi,
Currently I am holding Tier 1 General visa and staying in UK since November 2010. I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife on 3 June 2011 from VFS India.
As I am in UK for less than one year, I have maintain 1600(dependent) + 800(self) = 2400 GBP for three month by referring visa guideline. However few threads in this forum says that many of Tier1 dependent visa got rejected in past due to insufficient fund, 2800 for self & 1600 for dependent. Today I have received mail confirmation from VFS India that only 1600 GBP is required for dependent visa application.
Can someone please share thought/experience on this issue.
I have maintained 2400 GBP in Barclay Bank UK. I have visited three different Barclay branch in London for fund maintenance letter, however all the branch has refused to give such letter. They have provided me a online statement in plain paper(not on Barclay letter head or logo on Paper) with the Barclay Stamp on it (no signature). Hope this is fine for visa application.

Thanks in advance.

spsahu

holla007

Post by holla007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 pm

hi there, i advice you to call the barclays bank or go to any branch and request for your monthly bank statement uptill the date you want it to cover, with that you will be on a saver side, it has their logos and address and your details are on it, no need for signature.

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:19 pm

holla007 wrote:hi there, i advice you to call the barclays bank or go to any branch and request for your monthly bank statement uptill the date you want it to cover, with that you will be on a saver side, it has their logos and address and your details are on it, no need for signature.
he is right. I had the same issue with my bank. Natwest. Great forum advice me to order last 3 month statment. Then u dont need letter.

I advice u to order over phone or branch.

thanks

reddybbn
Newly Registered

Post by reddybbn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm

I would like to know the result of spsahu82.

can you please update your result, I'm also in the same situation like you.

Please reply back.