ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success on 27th May 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

ILR Success on 27th May 2011

Post by Kumar99101 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 pm

I do Like to thank to all contributors of this form and as my bit am sharing my Experience.

History :
Came to Uk in May 2006
WP (Valid for 1 year) + WP Extension (FLR for one year) + WP (valid for 60 months as changed company) + WP ( Valid for 24 months as I again changed company) + Tier 1

My wife had been out of UK for last 9 months. She landed in London on 23rd May 2011, appeared and passed 'Life in UK' test on 24th May 2011. I had booked an Appointment for 27th May 2011 at 08:30 AM at Croydon PEO.

Decided to drive to Crydon on 27th May morning, reached Croydon PEO at 9:10 AM (thats 70 mins Late, thx to london traffic). After initial screening I was asked to go to counter 2 for Application verification.

Person at counter asked for my application and went through few pages.
Question 1. Are you in Active employment.
Answer (me): Yes I am.

Question : Show me last 3 salary slips
Answer : I showed him salary slips for Jan 2011, + Feb 2011 +March 2011

Question: Can you show me latest Salary slip i.e. that of Month of April 2011.
Answer : No, am not carrying that as I have not included April 2011 as period for my earnings. I have included 1st April 2010 till 31st March 2011 as my period of 12 month of earning from last 15 months.

Question: This is not acceptable, you have to be economically active and I need to see an proof of that i.e. salary slip of April 2011.
Answer: I am economcally active sir. I can show you my currect employment contract. As per offical Guidence I can choose any 12 continuous months from last 15 months to show that Am economically active and need to show proof of only that. As I have selected my period from 1st April 2010 till 31st March 2011, I am carrying salary slips from March 2010 till March 2011.

Question : Sorry you need to show that you are economically active and you are not carrying any prof to show that.
Answer : I tried to explain to him that am on Tier -1 and what he is asking is requirment of Work permit holder. But after some argument I realised that he is not ready to listen to any valid argument, so I told him that am carring my Current account statement for April 2011 which shows my salary entry for April 2011.

Thankfully he was ready to accept that as a prrof that am economically active.

Question: Please show me some proof that you had worked for your previous employers.
Answer : I have Original work permits.

Question: That does not show that you actually worked for them.
Answer : I have salary slips from my previous employers.

Questions: Do you or your wife have any Traffic offences or other criminal convictions.
Answer : No sir.

Questions: Please show me Life in UK pass certificate
Answer : Provided him 'Life in Uk' pass certificate of myself and my wife.

After another 20 mins screening of my application he approved it and asked me to go to 1st floor for payment.

On 1st floor I payed by Card. Then was asked to wait till my Token no. is called.

Had to wait from 9:50AM till 10:50 AM. Only to be Told that I need to go to 2nd floor.

On 2nd floor I was face to face with case worker at 11:00 AM.

She could not understand whether I was self employed or working through Ltd. company. She asked me for my last 12 months salary slips and bank statments. She could not make any sense out of my bank statments. After my good explaination of each salary slip + Dividend vouchers in correlation to my saving accounts statment entries and after multiple trips to her senior officer, she accepted that my earings were as what I had filled in the form. She asked me for my current Contract. After some time she asked for LIfe in UK test pass certificate if Me + MY wife.

After few more questions and verifying every detail in my application, she said everything is fine sir. She did ask if I or my wife had any traffic offences or any criminal convictions. She took xerox of all my documents and asked me to collect my ILR ( + my wife + My son + my daughter ) after 1 hour from 1st floor.

Got my passport and ILR at 4:00 from 1st Floor.

I do like to say that it looks like some members of staff at Croydon PEO are not very well trained on new ILR rules in place for Tier -1 since 6th April 2011.
Last edited by Kumar99101 on Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 pm

First of all congratulation! I am just curious about the following question:

Question: Please show me some proof that you had worked for your previous employers.

Do you think they asked this question because you were on work permit? or was it to proof that you have been economically active for the last 5 years?

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar99101 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Tier1_ILR_Applicant wrote:First of all congratulation! I am just curious about the following question:

Do you think they asked this question because you were on work permit? or was it to proof that you have been economically active for the last 5 years?

Thx. It's hard to know why this question was asked as I was least expecting this question. I think it was to test how honest I am with what I had entered in my application, as before this question was asked he did ask me following.
Question : Please tell me your employment history in UK
Answer : Work Permit + WP + WP +WP + Tier 1. Should I tell you details of my employers and dates when these were issues.

Questioner : Thx, No that's not required I have all those records in front of me.

I believe he had all those details on his screen.
Please note he did not demand seeing those salary slips, he was satisfied with my answer that I am carrying them and can produce them.

I was carrying much more documents then directly required for Application. I believe bit of extra weight (documets ) was very wise decision.

rentmeda

Re: ILR Success on 27th May 2011

Post by rentmeda » Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 am

Kumar99101 wrote:I do Like to thank to all contributors of this form and as my bit am sharing my Experience.

History :
Came to Uk in May 2006
WP (Valid for 1 year) + WP Extension (FLR for one year) + WP (valid for 60 months as changed company) + WP ( Valid for 24 months as I again changed company) + Tier 1

My wife had been out of UK for last 9 months. She landed in London on 23rd May 2011, appeared and passed 'Life in UK' test on 24th May 2011. I had booked an Appointment for 27th May 2011 at 08:30 AM at Croydon PEO.

Decided to drive to Crydon on 27th May morning, reached Croydon PEO at 9:10 AM (thats 70 mins Late, thx to london traffic). After initial screening I was asked to go to counter 2 for Application verification.

Answer : No, am not carrying that as I have not included April 2011 as period for my earnings. I have included 1st April 2010 till 31st March 2011 as my period of 12 month of earning from last 15 months.

Question: This is not acceptable, you have to be economically active and I need to see an proof of that i.e. salary slip of April 2011.
Answer: I am economcally active sir. I can show you my currect employment contract. As per offical Guidence I can choose any 12 continuous months from last 15 months to show that Am economically active and need to show proof of only that. As I have selected my period from 1st April 2010 till 31st March 2011, I am carrying salary slips from March 2010 till March 2011.

Question : Sorry you need to show that you are economically active and you are not carrying any prof to show that.
Answer : I tried to explain to him that am on Tier -1 and what he is asking is requirment of Work permit holder. But after some argument I realised that he is not ready to listen to any valid argument, so I told him that am carring my Current account statement for April 2011 which shows my salary entry for April 2011.

Questions: Do you or your wife have any Traffic offences or other criminal convictions.

After another 20 mins screening of my application he approved it and asked me to go to 1st floor for payment.

On 1st floor I payed by Card. Then was asked to wait till my Token no. is called.

Had to wait from 9:50AM till 10:50 AM. Only to be Told that I need to go to 2nd floor.

She could not understand whether I was self employed or working through Ltd. company. She asked me for my last 12 months salary slips and bank statments. She could not make any sense out of my bank statments. After my good explaination of each salary slip + Dividend vouchers in correlation to my saving accounts statment entries and after multiple trips to her senior officer, she accepted that my earings were as what I had filled in the form. She asked me for my current Contract. After some time she asked for LIfe in UK test pass certificate if Me + MY wife.

After few more questions and verifying every detail in my application, she said everything is fine sir. She did ask if I or my wife had any traffic offences or any criminal convictions. She took xerox of all my documents and asked me to collect my ILR ( + my wife + My son + my daughter ) after 1 hour from 1st floor.

I do like to say that it looks like some members of staff at Croydon PEO are not very well trained on new ILR rules in place for Tier -1 since 6th April 2011.

Congrats

boxing_boy
BANNED

Post by boxing_boy » Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 am

Many many congratulations kumar99101..

I would like to know from your post that what form of contract you managed to show to caseworker,since you were on Tier-1 ?

Was it letter from your current employer confirming your need for the job & company ? Please can you share a template with me ?

Regards
boxing_boy

alipa

Post by alipa » Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am

Kumar99101 wrote:I do Like to thank to all contributors of this form and as my bit am sharing my Experience.

History :
Came to Uk in May 2006

During this process did they ask you about time spent ouside UK? As i am out of since last 4 Months will this create problem during extension? How UKBA knows exit of people as they dont stamp passport on EXIT?

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar99101 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 am

boxing_boy wrote:Many many congratulations kumar99101..

I would like to know from your post that what form of contract you managed to show to caseworker,since you were on Tier-1 ?

Was it letter from your current employer confirming your need for the job & company ? Please can you share a template with me ?

Regards
boxing_boy
Hi,

I am working as a contractor through my own ltd. company so technically am employee of my Ltd. Company (i.e. Director). I showed copy of my current contract ( thats between my Ltd. company and Agency). I believe this is to show that am economically active.

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar99101 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 am

alipa wrote:

History :
Came to Uk in May 2006

During this process did they ask you about time spent ouside UK? As i am out of since last 4 Months will this create problem during extension? How UKBA knows exit of people as they dont stamp passport on EXIT?
Hi,

No I was not asked anything regarding my time out of UK. As such my combined time out of UK in last 5 years was only 47 days. I do not know how they know this detail but I calculated this by going through dates of Arival stamps at Mumbai Airport. As when you travel out of UK then your destination country immigration will stamp your arival date on your passport. About your case, I think it will be better if some senior moderator comment on that. As per my knowledge as long as your days are within in rage it should not be a problem (but still I will advice you seek advice from sr. member on that).

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 31, 2011 10:42 am

alipa wrote: As i am out of since last 4 Months will this create problem during extension?
Any continuous stay more than three months would cause the problem while processing ILR unless it is employment related and employer gives supporting document for the same with the valid reason of the duration. Also during that time you will have to prove that you were economically active in UK. i.e were paid in UK and were paying NI and Income Tax in UK.

alipa

Post by alipa » Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am

manyaonisland wrote:
alipa wrote: As i am out of since last 4 Months will this create problem during extension?
Any continuous stay more than three months would cause the problem while processing ILR unless it is employment related and employer gives supporting document for the same with the valid reason of the duration. Also during that time you will have to prove that you were economically active in UK. i.e were paid in UK and were paying NI and Income Tax in UK.
Please guide what if i show myself unemployed during that out period because we have to show only 1 year salary for Extension case?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 pm

alipa wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:
Please guide what if i show myself unemployed during that out period because we have to show only 1 year salary for Extension case?
That would create further problems IMHO. which visa are you on at this moment. I had WP and it would definitely have been problem with WP. Anyone else with any other visa might have an opinion on this.

alipa

Post by alipa » Tue May 31, 2011 1:17 pm

manyaonisland wrote:
alipa wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:
That would create further problems IMHO. which visa are you on at this moment. I had WP and it would definitely have been problem with WP. Anyone else with any other visa might have an opinion on this.
I am on Tier-1 (Migrant) for which extension i have to show employment for last 12 Months.So i think unemployment in initial 1 year will have no problem.

Any comments from Seniors Please.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Congratulations!

Did they ask or enquire about your wife's stay of 9 months away from UK?

Cheers

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue May 31, 2011 2:19 pm

alipa wrote:
I am on Tier-1 (Migrant) for which extension i have to show employment for last 12 Months.So i think unemployment in initial 1 year will have no problem.
I am bit confuse when you say extension. what do you mean by extension? are you planning to apply for FLR or ILR?

also your question was about being out of this country for last 4 months (i take it that these are recent 4 months). why are you saying initial 1 year is what i am struggling to understand.

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar99101 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

maximux79 wrote:Congratulations!

Did they ask or enquire about your wife's stay of 9 months away from UK?

Cheers
Hi,

No there was no question regarding out of country stay of my wife. As I mentioned she landed in UK only 4 days before my PEO appointment date. In past also she had lengthy out of UK stay. She did have more then two years stay in UK but not continuous.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:35 am

Congratulations Kumar99101.

Can you please what all documents did you submit for earnings? I am also a contractor operating from my own limited company and also getting a monthly salary along with dividends from my company.

Apart from other documents for earnings If you also submit salary slips and dividend vouchers then were it on plain paper and stamped/signed by your accountant (or you sign if yourself being a director)?

I would really appreciate if you can please help me to tell the documents required for earnings.

Thanks

Kumar99101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar99101 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Congratulations Kumar99101.

Can you please what all documents did you submit for earnings? I am also a contractor operating from my own limited company and also getting a monthly salary along with dividends from my company.

Apart from other documents for earnings If you also submit salary slips and dividend vouchers then were it on plain paper and stamped/signed by your accountant (or you sign if yourself being a director)?

I would really appreciate if you can please help me to tell the documents required for earnings.

Thanks
Hi,

My accountant had provided me with Salary slip on proper stationary (i.e. Salary slip stationary). How ever for Dividend it was on plain A4 paper.

My Accoutant had provided me with a letter for my combined income but case worker did not want to see that. I do not think your accotant needs to sign or stamp your salary slips or divident vouchers.

aam15cb
BANNED

Post by aam15cb » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 pm

History :
Came to Uk in May 2006
Hi Kumar,

Congratulations on your success.

Would it be possible for you or someone to share their experience if they were able to get ILR with a combination of Multiple Entry Work Permit and Tier 1 ? I was initially issued a work permit (Multiple Entry) valid for 2 years. I then applied for Tier 1 General, and got it for years. I would like to know if the Multiple Entry work permit will be counted for ILR?

Thanks,
Ajai