ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which bank is better in getting statements for Visa purpose

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Visa_Novice

Which bank is better in getting statements for Visa purpose

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue May 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi,

My current tier-1 is due for an extention in 12 months time. I have faced difficulties in past getting bank statement by visiting the branch for visa purpose as bank employee do not stamp and sign it.

Can you guys share your experiance as to which bank you feel is good in customer service in terms of issuing stamped and signed bank statement in branch.
I would open my account in the bank which can give me stamped and signed bank statement in branch. I want to avoid ordering it over phone as those statements are not up to date.

Please help

Thanks,

jamiluddin

bank

Post by jamiluddin » Tue May 31, 2011 2:12 pm

royal bank of scotland

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Tue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

I know what you mean. It's a real pain :|.

Personally, I think it's a random thing, based on my last experience. I had gone to a branch I had had no issues with in the past i.e. they always stamped and signed my printed out statements. Had to call customer service to order but also made enquiries about having print outs stamped and signed.
Tip the person gave me was to either go to a branch that is mostly busy (attends to a lot of customers); they're most likely to stamp and sign printed out statements, or go to the branch you opened your account in.

Having rambled on :), I'd recommend Lloyds or NatWest :).

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which bank is better in getting statements for Visa purp

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Do you not receive monthly paper statements by post? Every month, I make sure, my statement has arrived and I have placed it in a file.
Visa_Novice wrote:Hi,

My current tier-1 is due for an extention in 12 months time. I have faced difficulties in past getting bank statement by visiting the branch for visa purpose as bank employee do not stamp and sign it.

Can you guys share your experiance as to which bank you feel is good in customer service in terms of issuing stamped and signed bank statement in branch.
I would open my account in the bank which can give me stamped and signed bank statement in branch. I want to avoid ordering it over phone as those statements are not up to date.

Please help

Thanks,

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Most banks will not charge you for a print out (and stamp) of your bank statement from the date you received your last statement by post.

But almost all banks will charge you if you want statements for the past 6 months (stamped) for visa purposes. It is a cost to them to give this to you and they charge you for it. In Barclay's you could get a print-out of your bank statement for the past 2 months (from date) from the self help kiosk (and could then get it stamped), but this seems to have been curtailed to a large extent.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I orded my back dated account statments that arrived in the post on lettterheard, my name on everypage with account number and sortcode, I did go with the statements to the bank to ask for them to be stamped and signed but he did say that I would not need it done. fingers crossed they'll be accepted.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:05 pm

skyepark wrote:I did go with the statements to the bank to ask for them to be stamped and signed but he did say that I would not need it done. fingers crossed they'll be accepted.
The man at the bank is absolutely correct, so no need to keep fingers crossed in that regard. Just maybe need to keep fingers crossed for a successful application :).

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:00 pm

I have been with HSBC for the past 5 years and it has worked quite well.

But again its your call. Though I have read on this forum that Barclays accounts are the most painful ones..