ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working tax credit and child tax credit influence on EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katka1311

working tax credit and child tax credit influence on EEA2

Post by katka1311 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi there.
We have just recently /May 2010/ moved to England with my Indian national husband. We were fortunate enough to start work almost immediately /him in june, myself in july/. In november last year we have applied for WTC and CHTC and just received the award letter a week ago.
However we think, that there might be a miscalculation and they awarded us money, which we might not be entitled to.
Can you please give a suggestion what to do? Wheater the credits would have affect on my husbands EEA2 application which we plan to submit in July.? Especially because the figure is quiet high.
shall we just let it be, with being aware that we might have to refund the money next year...
or shall we call them and explain them what we think might happened?
p.s. the mistake we think happened was that the payment for this financial year 2011/2012 were calculated based on our income from the year 2009/2010 - which was very low- we just recieved our P60 forms, so we could update our income for 2010/2011 and correct it...or just leave it, take the payments and wait till next april....and pay it back then..
We are mostly concerned of the affect it could have on my husbands EEA2.please help.