ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu citizen work permit for Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KarenYucel
Newly Registered

Non Eu citizen work permit for Germany

Post by KarenYucel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen, my husband is a Turkish national, he has ILR for the UK. His uncle lives in Germany and has offered him work for a few months over the summer. I would be staying in UK as I have a permanent job and we also have a son. I just want to check how the process might work for my husband to get a work / residence permit for going to Germany? How long does it usually take? Would he have to pay as the spouse of an EU citizen. I presume he will need documentation from his uncle indicating that he has a job offer and somewhere to stay. My husband has every intention of returning to the UK once the work has finished; it is seasonal only.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:24 pm

When you are in Germany with your husband, then he can easily work there.

If you are remaining in the UK, then he would need to apply for a visa on his own. Not sure exactly what the options are for a Turkish citizen. And he would have to pay whatever fees are normally requested of Turkish citizens.