ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkh

Tier 2 dependent visa validity

Post by mkh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello: My wife and son got tier 2 dependent visa recently for three years. However, due to personal reasons they cannot come to UK before January next year. Is it ok with the terms and conditions of the dependent visa? Will this delay cause any problem when they come next year at UK immigration?
Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

They may travel anytime during the validity of their visa.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ayesha11

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa validity

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 am

mkh wrote:Hello: My wife and son got tier 2 dependent visa recently for three years. However, due to personal reasons they cannot come to UK before January next year. Is it ok with the terms and conditions of the dependent visa? Will this delay cause any problem when they come next year at UK immigration?
Regards

I dont think its possible . Because it happened with my sister in law who came to uk after 1 year.At heathrow airport they refuse entry to them saying u must travel to uk within six months after issuing of visa.

mkh

Post by mkh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Hello Moderators:
Could any one kindly shed some light into this,, the above comment is making me worried, Is there any such visa condition ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:22 am

ayesha11 wrote:I dont think its possible . Because it happened with my sister in law who came to uk after 1 year.At heathrow airport they refuse entry to them saying u must travel to uk within six months after issuing of visa.
What visa did sister-in-law have? Refusal is possible under 321 or 320(5).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mkh

Post by mkh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Moderator:
Ayesha11 confirmed that her cousin came on HSMP dependent visa. We have also contacted the local BHC who asked my dependents to carry relevent documents to prove the reason for the delay in arrival. Any comments on this ?
vinny wrote:
ayesha11 wrote:I dont think its possible . Because it happened with my sister in law who came to uk after 1 year.At heathrow airport they refuse entry to them saying u must travel to uk within six months after issuing of visa.
What visa did sister-in-law have? Refusal is possible under 321 or 320(5).