ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement questions - please help...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charfiji
Newly Registered

Settlement questions - please help...

Post by charfiji » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:13 pm

How do I prove that my house will not be overcrowded, and that there will be room for my husband?

I don't have a mortgage, and I don't rent either, so there's no tenancy agreement. I have no evidence which shows how many rooms there are in the house. Some applicants seem to have been successful with just taking photographs, but as these photos could have been taken anywhere, it seems a bit redundant to rely on that. What can I do? He was successful with a visitors visa, but for the settlement visa surely there needs to be more information about the accommodation - ie, proof I own it, and there's room!

Also, is it unheard of to use 5 bank statements instead of 6 as the sponsor?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 pm

You carry out a report either by yourself , your local council or an estate agent who will come measure your room, take photographs, ask how many people live in the house and from that it can be determined whether your property is OK or overcrowded.

The cost of such reports vary from £75-150.

charfiji
Newly Registered

Post by charfiji » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks! How do I carry out the report myself? Just take photos?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am

Not its not as simple as that :lol:

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 am

charfiji, if you own the ouse outright, then get copies of the title from the Land Registry, which will show you as the owner:

https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/por ... rty_Search

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:31 am

charfiji, so you own the place, so from when you acquired it, have you got an Estate Agent's sheet, or if bought new, particulars from the property developer?

When we were applying for my wife's spouse visa back in 2001 I supplied the Estate Agent's sheet from when I bought the house 13 years earlier. Not only did it detail the rooms in the house but also gave measurements.

That Estate Agent's sheet clearly helped to prove the accommodation test was passed, particularly as I also included a few photos .... to prove that it was not just about to fall down!

Land Registry online? Good idea, but take care if doing a Google search. There are commercial firms that charge a lot more. Use Land Registry online and for just £4 you can get a copy of the title register, and for an extra £4 you can get the title plan. But before ordering the title plan, have a look at their example, to see if it might be useful.
John