ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Husband
Newly Registered

Family visa refused

Post by The Husband » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 pm

My wife's visa to visit my mother was refused.

The Decision

You have applied to travel with your husband and children to visit your mother in law in the UK.

I acknowledge the importance of maintaining a family contact and have therefore considered your application carefully.

You state that your husband is a British Citizen and lives and works here in Egypt. However you have not prvided any evidence that your spouse is resident here nor have you provided any evidence of his employment or income.

You state that you are financially supported by your husband , however i have seen no evidence of you or your husband's financial circumstances.

Whilst you have provided several documents relating to your sponsor's circumstances, I am not satisfied that you have provided evidence to show that you meet the requieements of paragraph 41.

Well i teach private so no record of money or a job.

I do have a residence visa but did not provide it as evidence, i figured that it was the sponsors documents that were important here!

Why does it matter about my money if the sponsor is paying all costs?

Do i have a leg to stand on in terms of appeal?

Thankyou

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 am

They are looking for evidence your wife will return.

Your entire family is going to leave Egypt and return to the UK, albeit temporarily.

So, since you (and presumably your children) are BCs ... why will your wife return if you (for some reason) decide to stay? The answer is she wouldn't, so they are looking for evidence that YOU are going to return to Egypt.

As a result, they are looking for your job, your finances, housing etc as evidence of ties to your current country of residence.

Personally - I'd gather up that evidence and re-apply rather than appeal.

M.