ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry regarding ielts results...urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jkeerthan
Newly Registered

Enquiry regarding ielts results...urgent

Post by jkeerthan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 pm

hi,
my name is jageerthan and i am a sri lankan,i m planning to enroll in a undergraduate course in uk

i completed my schooling in india.....and i took the ielts test in british council srilanka 2 weeks ago...i got the following results

Listening 7.5
Reading 8
Writing 5
Speaking 7.5
Overall Band 7

are these scores enough to enroll in a undergraduate course in uk???

what abt ukba/embassy ...do they ask for 5.5 in each module ???

if its not enough for degree course ????what about HND??

armleys
Newly Registered

english score

Post by armleys » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:18 pm

[img]

As per UKBA requirement your writing score is not enough for undergraduate or level 6 score which is 5.5 in each component.
You should be Ok for HND courses which are normally below NQF level 6 AND SCQF LEVEL 8 ETC.[/img]

westkin
BANNED

Post by westkin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 am

It depends on which course you are going to enrol. Arts, music, or etc don't require high writing skills. But financial or media do. For those who don't meet the language requirement, the uni usually provide a language course before academic year. You can be given the place, if you pass the test at the end of the course.

So you'd better contact the uni first, to see whether they can provide a conditional offer or unconditional offer.