ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my Aunty Sponser my Husband to visit me?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sher11
Newly Registered

Can my Aunty Sponser my Husband to visit me?

Post by Sher11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Evening...I really hope someone can help me, as i have been pushed from pillow to post, trying to get an answer from a simply question. At present i am unemployed due to being made redundent, i would really love to have my husband here with me, but due to me claiming public funds at this present time, i know this would be impossible. BUT ..could my aunty sponser him, for a vistors visa? as she is in full time work. although he would be staying with me? Thanking in advance for your answers.

tier1_applicant

Re: Can my Aunty Sponser my Husband to visit me?

Post by tier1_applicant » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 am

Yes.. as family visitor visa does not limits visit to a single person (your aunt).
But may be a bit difficult to satisfy the case worker as he may doubt that you are also here and your husband might not return after visiting you. so need to provide enough evidence to explain your circumstances.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 am

It might be worth you looking at third party support in order to get your husband here on a spouse visa rather than a visitors visa which will most likely end in a refusal and may have implications if and when he makes a spouse application.

Third party support is allowed providing you meet the visa requirements for spouse visa, even though you may be claiming benefits. It is possible but will not be easy.