ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave Curtailed....Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAL1313

Leave Curtailed....Query

Post by SAL1313 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi,

I had a work permit valid till 2012 but in Jan 2008 I was made redundant unfortunately. The same month I left for India and moved over to Dependant's visa with my wife. I then came back next month. All was fine at reentry. Stayed on this till May 2010 when I got ILR. In 2010 June, I went to USA on holidys and was stopped at re-entry. After waiting on side for a while the Officer came back after checking and said allow as fine and its just that my work permit VISA had been cancelled as reported by employer that I was no longer working with them but I was OK now as I had a different VISA and ILR. She handwrote on page with my work permit VISA "Leave curtailed to 10 Jan 2008". I had gone to India on 25 JAN 2008.

Question: Did I overstay or am I OK legally? Do I get 28 days after the date?

Please help?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

This shouldn't affect your ILR status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SAL1313

Post by SAL1313 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.

ILR is fine but I am now due to apply for naturalisation so ensuring that this was fine and I did not breach rules here!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 pm

I believe that your leave would have been extended under section 3D for at least 10 working days following the receipt of your curtailment notice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.