ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query while calculating days of absence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rj_ilr
Newly Registered

Query while calculating days of absence

Post by rj_ilr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi,

Since there is no stamp while exiting the UK, how do they confirm which day u left?

example: If you leave on 1 January and reach your destination on 2 january then there is only one stamp i.e 2 January as arrival. So how would anyone know if I said I left on 2nd January rather than 1st January. It is entirely plausible to leave on 2nd jan morning and reach the same day depending on the time you leave.

Any thoughts guys ?

Thanks

Rj

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 pm

i think they can prove it ... since the stamp of arrival is on 2nd Jan then write 2nd January ...

rj_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by rj_ilr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 pm

I am trying to get the exact dates as relying only on the arrival dates could be wrong and seen as deception. I just hope I can get the exact dates but in case I can't just wanted to know if they have any way of knowing.

Rj

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:07 pm

in order to know exactly which date you travelled then they need to contact either airlines companies or check airports data base maybe and this will take time ... I really dont know if it is possible or not ... since they decide in same day !
also some people travelled 5 years ago and they dont rememeber exactly which date they travelled and they fully rely on arrival dates ...

rj_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by rj_ilr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 pm

you are completely correct Polat. I am one of them as I do not know the dates I travelled 5 years back. Airlines have not really been helpful cos I am not sure the one I travelled.

Do you think if I were to err and say the dates same as the arrival dates, they have any way to check?

Thanks

Rj

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I dont know really ... !!
Im in same problem ... I have 175 days absence and if I calculate it based on arrival dates then it will be 172 ... so it means I can have few days out of UK this summer ... but Im not sure :?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 am

The correct way of calculating it is to use your "departure" date as the day before you arrived in your destination country, regardless of whether the flight landed the same day or not; otherwise you will end up double-counting days (e.g. if you departed and arrived 6 June, it is one day and you can only include it once - e.g. use it for your arrival, as that is what the stamp says).

The same thing applies when arriving back in the UK, even if you arrive back at 23:55, you get to count that day as that will be what your stamp says.

So while you might be losing out when departing on the same day, you will gain that day back when arriving.

jager

Post by jager » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

I have an extensive travel history and did a SAR request, and all they could come up with was the very first landing card I filled out. So given that the e-borders system is not counting all flights (and even fewer 5 years ago), I wonder if the UKBA really has the precise departure/arrival information in their systems for historical flights.

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 pm

1.They can use the arrival stamp to your destination country to determine the day you left UK for those that obtain stamp to their destination countries.

2.I learnt they have a software supplied by Fujitsu that supplies information about those leaving the country and coming into the country.