ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation conditions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stealth
- thin ice -

Naturalisation conditions

Post by stealth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi All, I am pleased to learn recently my ILR has been successful.

Thanks to all who have been really helpful on my earlier queries.

My understanding is that according to current rules, I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation after 12 months of stay in the UK as ILR candidate.

Also If am correct, the condition is during the last 12 months of the six-year period I must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days.

However my company is UK headquartered and operating in many countries including the USA. I might be getting an opportunity to work in one of the USA offices for 1-2 years or more as required.

But my queries are:
1. Can I take my employment in the USA and still manage to get the naturalisation next year as I will be working for the same employer?
2. Do I need to be working (not unemployed) to get naturalisation? Is this a condition just like it was for getting ILR?
3. I really like to option to travel and work in the USA for a while and dont want to lose the opportunity However dont want to lose the possibility of getting the British citizenship either.

So any advise on this front will be much appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 pm

1. See 5.
2. Employment is not mandatory.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.