ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP website to monitor progress of hsmp applications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quite eager

HSMP website to monitor progress of hsmp applications

Post by quite eager » Fri May 05, 2006 7:01 am

A lot of HSMP applicants are worried about the status of their applications and find it hard to get info from HO.

It would be appropriate for HO to launch a website where the applicants can get progress regarding different steps like, fee charged, allocated to case worker, underconsideration, decided etc. about their applications on the basis of reference number allocated by HO.

I believe the canadian immigration people have such a site.

Any comments?

Quite Eager
Quite Eager

otun

Post by otun » Fri May 05, 2006 8:03 pm

you are right.

I doubt if there is any.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Sat May 06, 2006 6:03 pm

When they installed computers at Croyden it was a long, painful process that resulted in many, many lost applications , was overbudget and didnt work, and turned into a mess. Dont expect the UK government to do anything like this anytime soon. Frankly there isnt any need for it either. If they put that information up people would then start calling and yelling about "why is my application still with the caseworker". Sheesh people, patience is a virtue. Last summer I waited over 12 weeks for a decision, now they have it going in 3 or 4.

Canadian skilled immigration is slightly different because its a far longer process and you get permanent residency.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Sun May 07, 2006 11:37 am

Yes, of course, it would be great help. At least people will know their application status and the yelling ratio will go down instead of raising, I suppose.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....