ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Revocation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pragmatic
Newly Registered

ILR Revocation

Post by Pragmatic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi All,

I have just been told by my (rather expensive) laywer that my ILR application has been approved. I was given the impression that the chances were not great so I am delighted.

Was hoping someone would be kind enough to help with the following query.

I may have to relocate from the UK for job reasons soon. If I leave the UK, but come back for a few days (1 week) every two years is that enough to keep my ILR alive ie prevent revocation of ILR.

Thanks

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

You will have difficulties with border control at best and your ILR revoked at worst case scenario. To retain your ILR status, you will need to satisfy the following points:
1. you did not spend more than 2 years outside the UK;
2. you have maintained ties to the UK (e.g family, assets);
3. UK is your main home.
Coming back every 2 years for a short stay is a clear violation of pt.3.
PM

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

It might be revoked if they discovered you are not ready to make UK your permanent home.

They will alternatively advise you to get visiting visa to visit UK