ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In deep dilemma [Tier-1 dependent]

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

In deep dilemma [Tier-1 dependent]

Post by arlikattiananth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi all,

This forum has helped answer most of my queries. I have this one question which has caused a lot of dilemma and i am totally confused.

About Me:
I am in the UK for last 4 months working in london. I am on tier-1 visa valid till 2013.

About my accommodation:
I am currently renting a flat with my friend. The tenancy agreement has both my name and my friend name for the contract period of 12 months. However, the utililty bills are on my name.

The landlord is not willing to change the tenancy agreement to remove my friend's name and mention only my name, so that it is easy for me to submit the tenancy agreement for the dependent visa application. However, the landlord is ready to provide a No Objection Letter for my wife and kid (8 months) to stay with me in the flat.

The flat is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom property. The bedrooms are average size of a double-bedroom. It has big living room, and a Spam.

The Question:

While applying my dependents visa from India, would it cause any issues with respect to accommodation proof I provide?
The reason why I ask is --
1. The tenancy agreement is shared with two persons, is this okay?
2. Would the flat be treated as overcrowded leading to visa refusal?

Please provide your valuable feedback to help me come out of this dilemma.

Thanks in advance.[/u]

Jacob123

Re: In deep dilemma [Tier-1 dependent]

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Why is this dilemma, where did you read that you need to show tenency agreement for dependent visa.

Read the dependent threads in this forum..........you will realise that Tenancy agreement is not required for dependent visa. Also look at the guidelines and you will be sure. So no need to worry about it, you do not need to submit it.

Relax, read the dependent guidelines and move ahead.

Cheers,
Jacob
arlikattiananth wrote:Hi all,

This forum has helped answer most of my queries. I have this one question which has caused a lot of dilemma and i am totally confused.

About Me:
I am in the UK for last 4 months working in london. I am on tier-1 visa valid till 2013.

About my accommodation:
I am currently renting a flat with my friend. The tenancy agreement has both my name and my friend name for the contract period of 12 months. However, the utililty bills are on my name.

The landlord is not willing to change the tenancy agreement to remove my friend's name and mention only my name, so that it is easy for me to submit the tenancy agreement for the dependent visa application. However, the landlord is ready to provide a No Objection Letter for my wife and kid (8 months) to stay with me in the flat.

The flat is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom property. The bedrooms are average size of a double-bedroom. It has big living room, and a Spam.

The Question:

While applying my dependents visa from India, would it cause any issues with respect to accommodation proof I provide?
The reason why I ask is --
1. The tenancy agreement is shared with two persons, is this okay?
2. Would the flat be treated as overcrowded leading to visa refusal?

Please provide your valuable feedback to help me come out of this dilemma.

Thanks in advance.[/u]

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. You are right about the guidelines not mentioning anything about accommodation but everybody are submitting these while applying their respective dependent's visa and I am not sure when this trend begun.

As you might be aware that the fees for application is huge, I dont have enough funds currently to re-apply in case of any refusals. So hence i wanted to be absolutely sure.

Sorry to ask you this question -> If I still go ahead and submit these documents for the accommodation proof should it in anyway cause issues?

Thanks in advance.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:11 am

Ananth, From my opinion you shd never show it as it is resulting in overcrowding. I can confirm from experience of couple of my friends that tennacy proof is not required..............if you have then give as optional......but do not give something that can create problem as it looks in your case so just avoid.
arlikattiananth wrote:Thanks for your prompt reply. You are right about the guidelines not mentioning anything about accommodation but everybody are submitting these while applying their respective dependent's visa and I am not sure when this trend begun.

As you might be aware that the fees for application is huge, I dont have enough funds currently to re-apply in case of any refusals. So hence i wanted to be absolutely sure.

Sorry to ask you this question -> If I still go ahead and submit these documents for the accommodation proof should it in anyway cause issues?

Thanks in advance.

indian234

Post by indian234 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 am

Ananth,

You dont need a tenancy agreement.
Just be sure with your other documentation (maintenance, marriage certificate, recent communication records) and your application will be successful.

I have got my wife's visa recently(from Hyderabad) without tenancy agreement.

regards,

sainath_seelam
Newly Registered

Post by sainath_seelam » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi,

I faced a similar situation today when i tried to submit the dependent application for my wife today. VFS guys were asking for
1) Accomodation Proof
2) Employment letter and payslips.

As long as i am able to show funds, relationship, valid visa..it should be fine right? Can someone please suggest?

Thanks,

Sai.

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes, when verified with VFS they ask for accommodation proof (as in some tenancy agreement). So basically things are mixed up, no concrete conclusions.