ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breakdown in relationship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Breakdown in relationship

Post by adropofwater » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 am

Brief Story:

1. Got married in India, wife got Tier 1 Sponsord visa until Dec 2011, I am on ILR now
2. Found out she is cheating on me being in contact with her BF constantly
3. Found out she is using me to get ILR and then planning to leave me and call BF from india
4. When I discussed this with her, she went into police and filed common assault false complaints, i had to move
5. I have written to this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... nshipends/

Can you please tell me what is the difference between these 2 links as far as giving information to UKBA is concerned to Inform that I am moved from relationship:

This Link I did inform them:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... nshipends/

Another Link: Which is also important for me becuase I VERY WELL KNOW that she is trying to stay in UK in any case. She told me several times that let me settle down here and i will think about getting separated. I think Its CRIME to use me as a key to come here: Should I report this to here? In my opinion this is crime.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/report-crime/

Please help as she will file such false complaints to create problems for my immigration status. I am professional, clean character record, paying tax since last 6 years. Just got stuck with such woman

please help

dinesh101
Newly Registered

Post by dinesh101 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am

I'm not expert but just report it to UKBA and move on. It's up 2 to the UKBA to deal with her.

If she complained to the police about domestic violence you have to deal with it and try to prove your innocence. Sadly Judges usually believe the women, but you need to get a good lawyer to deal with this.

Again about her immigration status u can't do much. It's up to the UKBA and ur ex wife.

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 am

can any one suggest? If my case should be reported into immigration crime category?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:41 am

No, because she has valid current leave to remain.

The breakdown in relationship and the reasons behind it are completely personal issues, and for the individuals in question to sort out between them as they deem fit. There is no immigration crime here.

You have done your bit - having informed UKBA of the breakdown of relationship. It is best to for you to end it at that, and move on.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:29 am

thanks a lot

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:35 am

she went into police and filed common assault false complaints
What, if anything, are the Police doing? Have you been charged? Is it coming to Court?

Or are the Police offering to caution you? Do not agree to that, unless you agree that you have done what you have been accused of.

Or have the Police effectively done nothing?
John

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks John

When she complained in police, police arrested me and took my statement in presence of duty solicitor. I denied all the charges. They bailed me for a month and they will tell me on 25th june about what is going to happen next.

You meant i should not have agreed with charges? If yes then I didn't because all were lie. Police charged me for common assault.

Now on 25th i will come to know if it is going to the court. I don't have any past such records. I am professional got stuck with dodgy wife who wanted to settle her boyfriend here after taking ILR on behalf of me.

Please suggest the next possibilities and what would be best for me?

I have left the rented place on 20th may already. Now she has non-molestation order etc.

I have already filed for divorce.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 pm

You meant i should not have agreed with charges?
That is not quite what I said. Instead of charging you and taking you to Court, they may offer to caution you, but you do not have to agree to accept a caution, because by doing so you are admitting your guilt.

The problem for you, if you get offered a caution, is this. If you indicate that you will not accept a caution then they might charge you and you will end up in Court. However by accepting a caution the matter ends there.

But does it end there? Hopefully yes, but if you get accused again, different alleged incident, and that goes to Court, they can then bring up that you accepted a caution, and thus agreed that you were guilty of that earlier incident.

But hopefully on 25th June they will tell you that the matter is being dropped.
John

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Well thats what I am hoping too but I am not sure what is going to happen.

She accused me in statements that:
1. i pulled her by hands
2. i he held my jows

completely wrong!! never touched her.

I don't know what they are going to say that day..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 pm

When they interviewed you, shortly after the complaint was made by your wife, you no doubt denied the allegations. They would have got a medical person to examine her and in the absence of any obvious marks or bruises on your wife, the Police will struggle to get a conviction.
John

planetman
Newly Registered

Post by planetman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi adropofwater,

i was wondering if you could update me on the outcome as my brother is in a very similar position, only that she has not compalined to the police.

She has JUST got her ILR to UK just last month and now she has left him she is staying with her sister. exactly 2 years after we got married.

She has withdrawn money from the bank account and now frozen it due to marital dispute so no doubt she will try and take it all.

But money aside i dont want her to succed in her quest to stay in the UK

She now intends to bring her parents from india. We are in the process of writing the UK border agency.

Any further advice please???

diversity

Gone through this!!

Post by diversity » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:03 pm

I have gone through this myself. Since your wife got an ilr very recently, you need inform UKBA about the breakdown of relationship. This might be curtailed, if she is on a probationary visa. If she is on an ILR the chances of getting it revoked are quite slim. Since she has already got the ILR she is no longer a dependant, hence its upto UKBA to decide. Without an divorce confirmation or a complete order it is difficult to do anything. Let her be in UK, apply for divorce and move on. Trust me been through this, its not worth it..

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Once ILR has been obtained, it cannot be withdrawn, revoked or curtailed, except it can be shown that it was obtained fraudulently.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sublime688

DV

Post by sublime688 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Your partner from the sound of it, seem to want to obtain indefinite leave via Domestic Violence (ILR)(DV). If she gets a conviction against you that can help her with her ILR without your support. Also, a conviction may affect your own settlement prospects. If you can, fight the DV allegation vigorously. This is based purely on what you say above and presuming what you say are the facts.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51 pm

planetman wrote:Hi adropofwater,

i was wondering if you could update me on the outcome as my brother is in a very similar position, only that she has not compalined to the police.

She has JUST got her ILR to UK just last month and now she has left him she is staying with her sister. exactly 2 years after we got married.

She has withdrawn money from the bank account and now frozen it due to marital dispute so no doubt she will try and take it all.

But money aside i dont want her to succed in her quest to stay in the UK

She now intends to bring her parents from india. We are in the process of writing the UK border agency.

Any further advice please???
She's very unlikely to be able to bring her parents from India, the rules for ILE are very strict now.

Unless she was already married for example, the ILR will not be revoked, if she leaves for more than 2 years the ILR could be lost. Best to forget about her, just hope that..... What goes around, comes around.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Hi All

Post by adropofwater » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:34 am

Hello Everyone

Sorry for not replying for years!
Was fighting with ex.

Any ways, latest and brief update.

- Police given me CLEAN CHIT in DV
- Got Divorce in Sept 2013

So finally revealed here in UK. BUT she has managed to take ILR based on the police report and non-molestation order.

I am fighting with UKBA now that how can they give ILR if I was not even charged.

Also, as usual, she went to India for 3 days after Divorce, and filed couple of cases there. Which is normal for these type of girls who come to settle down in western countries and extort money.

Irony is, in Southall area in London, there is one social organisation + few immigration layers do all those sort of frauds.

In 2011 - they managed to get ILR for 989 women.

CATCH & BIG LOOPHOLE
-------- --------------------

- Your wife complaints in police
- Your wife takes non-molestation order against you
- Police arrest you and grant you bail saying we will take let say 6 weeks to investigate

HERE

- Your wife uses these 6 WEEKS to quickly submit application for ILR and thats it

HOME OFFICE / UKBA nothing to do with the outcome of the complaint.

Sometime I think I am sure there is a BIG FRAUD Racket somewhere in the system.

skvash55
Newly Registered

Re: Breakdown in relationship

Post by skvash55 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Hello adropofwater

I am in a similar situation as you, my husband left 2 days after he got his biometric card. Did you get any success with UKBA in the end in ref, to revoking ILR for your wife? The feeling of being used is not good and to me this is fraud.
There was domestic abuse involved which i never reported in hopes of saving my marriage but have now reported.
Please advise

Thanks
S