ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got engaged for wedding, need some advise for wife visa, pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

Got engaged for wedding, need some advise for wife visa, pls

Post by rckybhardwaj » Mon May 08, 2006 7:46 am

Dear forum members,
I have got engaged with my fiance who is in mumbai, India.
I would be getting married in november this year.
I have an hsmp visa here in UK.
I needed some advise from forum members about how to go about for applying for my spouse visa after i get married.
Anyone who knows about this can u please let me know.

Thanks and Best Regards

Bhardwaj

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 am

Hey rckybhardwaj,

First of all congratulations on your engagement.

I am on HSMP and got married last year. I supplied following documents for my wife's visa and it was provided the next day:

- a filled out VAF1 application
- Spouse passport and photographs
- marriage certificate
- job details like salary slips, job contract
- letter from employer
- Bank statements for the last 3-6 months
- Tenancy agreement
- Copy of your passport and residence permit sticker

All the best
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Mon May 08, 2006 10:16 am

Thanks very much for the information, it has releived my tension, i am in a much better frame of mind now.
I have just two more question if you can let me that please.
1) When i get married my surnam eand my wifes surname shall be different. Is it ok when she goes with her surname in the passport for the visa interview. Or she has to have the same surname as mine.
2) How much money and what form has to be filled up in mumbai, is it only the VAF 1 form.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Bhardwaj

simar

Post by simar » Mon May 08, 2006 1:11 pm

rckybhardwaj wrote:Thanks very much for the information, it has releived my tension, i am in a much better frame of mind now.
1) When i get married my surnam eand my wifes surname shall be different. Is it ok when she goes with her surname in the passport for the visa interview. Or she has to have the same surname as mine.
2) How much money and what form has to be filled up in mumbai, is it only the VAF 1 form.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Bhardwaj

I guess while making marriage certificate, the surname of the spouse can be changed. However this is your personal decision. Also that will imply that her passport might then require change in name. & addition of spouse name

The amount is around 6800 rupee few months back. You can better check on latest on website as pound -rupee conversion rate is also factor for the fee rate

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 08, 2006 1:48 pm

Bhardwaj, there is no compulsion under UK law for the wife to change her surname to match her husband's surname. It is merely a convention that most choose to follow.

So as regards the BHC dealing with the visa application, it really is a non issue whether she changes her surname, or not.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Tue May 09, 2006 9:18 am

rckybhardwaj wrote:Thanks very much for the information, it has releived my tension, i am in a much better frame of mind now.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Bhardwaj
HI Bhardwaj,

1) There is no need to change your wife's surname. I was in similar position but did not try to change my wife's surname and she was granted a visa. We still have different surnames, so this is not an issue.

2) I paid around Rs. 6800 last year and filled only VAF1 form.

Thanks
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.