ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO VISA STAMP IN 2004 :(

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rj_ilr
Newly Registered

NO VISA STAMP IN 2004 :(

Post by rj_ilr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 pm

HI,

I am applying for ILR in July 2011. I was making a list of all the absences and realised that in 2004 there was no stamp when I came back to UK. It is very surprising and I cannot think of why they would have missed it.

I am applying for 5 years on HSMP / TIER-1 and all the dates stamps etc are there. Does it matter that in 2004 there is a lack of stamp. Ideally it should not have any bearing on my application.

Rj

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm

which airport you came in ?
some times their stamp is not clear enough ... so try to check again ... and look properly at the pages ...

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 pm

I am just curious If we do not mention about an absence, how will home office check it out? For example say I am at same day in persons service and I missed one absence, how will they find out? Will they check every single page of my passport and calculate absence themselves? That will be a nightmare for them i believe?

rj_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by rj_ilr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

since there is no stamp I do not know which airport I came in. Likely to be heathrow. I have seen very carefully.. no stamp. There is a departure stamp from Delhi but no arrival stamp.

It should not really have any bearing as I am applying under 5 years on tier-1 and 2004 is clearly outside that.

Rj

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 pm

yes they might check stamps on passport and also dont forget when you come to UK you fill the immigration card at the plane and you hand it to the officer at the airport so they can check all dates if they want ...
anyway i believe since 2004 is out of ur 5 years then i think no need to fill absences out of 5 years