ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 18 dependant's application form ILR (settlement)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Over 18 dependant's application form ILR (settlement)

Post by ppharish92 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 pm

My father entered United Kingdom with HSMP Visa on 13th October 2006. I and my mother have entered on 2nd February 2007. I was 14 back then and I am now 19 years old. I have finished my A-levels; I took a gap year last year. I have just finished my 9 month industrial placement where I worked full time in a different city. I am back at my home though living completely dependently with my parents. I will be going to university in October where I will be studying full time at a university.

I have been told that I need to apply using a different application form. My mother will be applying in the same application as my father, so even though she hasn’t completed her 5 years residence in United Kingdom, my father is the main applicant so, his residence counts and he will complete his 5 year residence in the United Kingdom. I will be applying using a different application but I will be applying with my father, Will I have to complete 5 years residence in the United Kingdom or will my father count as the main applicant in my case too?

Could anyone please advise me which form I need to use and what fee do I need to pay? I know that my father will use SET(O). He will pay £1350 & my mother will pay £672.

Please help me with this matter urgently, I really need to get this on time as my university place is dependant on this.

hellog123

Post by hellog123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:43 pm

hey u should apply in different set(o) form and u cn apply at the same time as ur dad in the same envelope . Obviously ur fees would be completely independent.
And ILR stamp would be embossed on ur passport irrespective of ur length of stay in the uk subject to the approval of ur father's application.

And also ur place in the University isnt just the only issue, ur approval would also change ur status to home student and hence nominal fees.

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Post by ppharish92 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:47 pm

hellog123 wrote:hey u should apply in different set(o) form and u cn apply at the same time as ur dad in the same envelope . Obviously ur fees would be completely independent.
And ILR stamp would be embossed on ur passport irrespective of ur length of stay in the uk subject to the approval of ur father's application.

And also ur place in the University isnt just the only issue, ur approval would also change ur status to home student and hence nominal fees.
Thanks alot for your prompt reply. Yes, I will be paying Home student fees with ILR. Would I be leading to an independent life as I worked full time for 9 months away from my parents? As this would change the application form I use...

I will be applying for ILR in a public enquiry office on 13th September 2011. To be eligible for home student fees, I needed it by 1st of September 2011(by 1st day of my academic year). But my university said it will review my fee status as long as I send ILR confirmation details by 03 October 2011..

hellog123

Post by hellog123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:10 pm

under no circumstance u should show if ur independent. u need to demonstrate dt u r still dependent. A letter from ur father confirming dt u r still dependent on them is must. You dont need to attach your financial credentials as they may turn out to be counter productive. Attach ur father's financial documents only.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Post by ppharish92 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 am

hellog123 wrote:under no circumstance u should show if ur independent. u need to demonstrate dt u r still dependent. A letter from ur father confirming dt u r still dependent on them is must. You dont need to attach your financial credentials as they may turn out to be counter productive. Attach ur father's financial documents only.
Guidence from UKBA

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the categories of the Immigration Rules for which you must use
form SET(O), you must meet the requirements set out
in the following parts of the Rules:
Part 5 work permit holder, highly skilled migrant*,
employment not requiring a work permit,UK
ancestry
Part 6 businessperson, innovator, investor, and
writer, composer or artist
Part 6A Tier 1 migrant, Tier 2 migrant
Part 7 ex-HM Forces, long residence in the UK
Part 8 bereaved partner

with fee of £1350

Form SET(F) must be used to apply for indefinite leave
to remain in one of the following categories:
- Child under the age of 18 of a parent or parents
or a relative present and settled in the UK
- Adopted child under the age of 18 of a parent or
parents present and settled in the UK
- Parent, grandparent or other dependent relative
aged over 18 of persons present and settled in
the UK
You must be in the UK to apply.

The current specified fees for applications on form
SET(F) for Parent, Grandparent or Other Dependent
Relative aged 18 or over of a person present & settled in the UK, applying under para 317 of the immigration rules are £1814 for postal applications or
£2214 for the premium service at one of our Public
Enquiry Offices

Isn't Set (F) more appropriate than Set(o)?

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 pm

ppharish92 wrote:...
NO. You, as an over 18 child on a dependant visa, must apply on a separate SET(O) form and pay full fee provided the application is done at the same time with your parents (you then just follow the status of the main applicant). SET(F) is for other relatives, or for the case if you'd be applying after the settlement being already granted to your parents...

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Post by ppharish92 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 pm

dimsav wrote:
ppharish92 wrote:...
NO. You, as an over 18 child on a dependant visa, must apply on a separate SET(O) form and pay full fee provided the application is done at the same time with your parents (you then just follow the status of the main applicant). SET(F) is for other relatives, or for the case if you'd be applying after the settlement being already granted to your parents...
Thank you for your prompt reply,
That makes perfect sense. I guess when I am applying with my father, I dont need complete the points based assesment.

jhonarae
Newly Registered

home student

Post by jhonarae » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:51 pm

hi,
I think you would be able to help me.
I applied to some universities two months ago...
came the conditional offer from them but they consider me as international student, because when I apply. i dont have my ILR yet.
Our application were at the home office, we applied by post.
Hopefully it will arrive this March.
My university year will start on September.
Can I change my application fro international student to home student as soon as I received my ILR????
i am very worried coz of the high tuition fee and I dont want to take a gap year... thank you very much i hope you can reply based on your experience, thankss

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Re: home student

Post by ppharish92 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 pm

jhonarae wrote:hi,
I think you would be able to help me.
I applied to some universities two months ago...
came the conditional offer from them but they consider me as international student, because when I apply. i dont have my ILR yet.
Our application were at the home office, we applied by post.
Hopefully it will arrive this March.
My university year will start on September.
Can I change my application fro international student to home student as soon as I received my ILR????
i am very worried coz of the high tuition fee and I dont want to take a gap year... thank you very much i hope you can reply based on your experience, thankss
Hello,
As soon as you receive your ILR scan & email it to the admissions office of the University and ring them to tell you've received it. As long as you get your ILR by 1st September 2012, you should be fine :)

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 pm

jhonarae wrote:Can I change my application fro international student to home student as soon as I received my ILR???? ...
YES, provided that you have obtained a settled status / ILR any day before the 1st of September, as this is the date considered for fee purposes as the start of a UG program.

To do this, you will need to contact your university as soon as you will get your ILR, and they will tell you exactly how to proceed. (Usually, they need to have a copy of your passport(s) together with HO letter confirming settlement.) They will then send you a new offer, with the fee status changed to "Home student".
Don't worry, this is quite a usual matter, and you have quite enough time to sort it out (hopefully, you'll get your ILR in March or soon after).

ppharish92
Newly Registered

Post by ppharish92 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

dimsav wrote:
jhonarae wrote:Can I change my application fro international student to home student as soon as I received my ILR???? ...
YES, provided that you have obtained a settled status / ILR any day before the 1st of September, as this is the date considered for fee purposes as the start of a UG program.

To do this, you will need to contact your university as soon as you will get your ILR, and they will tell you exactly how to proceed. (Usually, they need to have a copy of your passport(s) together with HO letter confirming settlement.) They will then send you a new offer, with the fee status changed to "Home student".
Don't worry, this is quite a usual matter, and you have quite enough time to sort it out (hopefully, you'll get your ILR in March or soon after).
I wasn't that lucky, I got mine on the 16th September 2011. My university was very generous and let me be a home student. But student finance England wasn't so nice. They won't give me a loan for full 4 years of my engineering course. I am running out of funds, parents can't help. I can't get a bank loan for that amount of money. So, I am going to be in a lot of trouble very soon........

ILRFeb2012
Newly Registered

Re: Over 18 dependant's application form ILR (settlement)

Post by ILRFeb2012 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 am

ppharish92 wrote:My father entered United Kingdom with HSMP Visa on 13th October 2006. I and my mother have entered on 2nd February 2007. I was 14 back then and I am now 19 years old. I have finished my A-levels; I took a gap year last year. I have just finished my 9 month industrial placement where I worked full time in a different city. I am back at my home though living completely dependently with my parents. I will be going to university in October where I will be studying full time at a university.

I have been told that I need to apply using a different application form. My mother will be applying in the same application as my father, so even though she hasn’t completed her 5 years residence in United Kingdom, my father is the main applicant so, his residence counts and he will complete his 5 year residence in the United Kingdom. I will be applying using a different application but I will be applying with my father, Will I have to complete 5 years residence in the United Kingdom or will my father count as the main applicant in my case too?

Could anyone please advise me which form I need to use and what fee do I need to pay? I know that my father will use SET(O). He will pay £1350 & my mother will pay £672.

Please help me with this matter urgently, I really need to get this on time as my university place is dependant on this.

Hi there,

I am applying for ILR in Feb 2012, I have a question about my doughter who is over 18 now and doing A level, do you know which form does she need to fill when she wants to apply as my dependent?

Bear in mind she was 13 when she entered the UK in 2006.

I appreciate it if someone could reply!

Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 pm

ILRFeb2012 wrote:
ppharish92 wrote:My father entered United Kingdom with HSMP Visa on 13th October 2006. I and my mother have entered on 2nd February 2007. I was 14 back then and I am now 19 years old. I have finished my A-levels; I took a gap year last year. I have just finished my 9 month industrial placement where I worked full time in a different city. I am back at my home though living completely dependently with my parents. I will be going to university in October where I will be studying full time at a university.

Hi there,

I am applying for ILR in Feb 2012, I have a question about my doughter who is over 18 now and doing A level, do you know which form does she need to fill when she wants to apply as my dependent?

Thanks
The question is already answered in this thread. It would be SET(O) if applying with you and pay £1350 else it would be SET(F) is applying bt post once you get your ILR and the fee for that is much higher I think £2200.

ILRFeb2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILRFeb2012 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 pm

mk357 wrote:
ILRFeb2012 wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks
The question is already answered in this thread. It would be SET(O) if applying with you and pay £1350 else it would be SET(F) is applying bt post once you get your ILR and the fee for that is much higher I think £2200.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Just to clarify does this means I have to pay another £1350 for my daughter (Over 18 dependent)?

Main applicant (myself) = £1350
My wife = £675
My Daughter (dependent over 18 ) = ?

I would appreciate your reply.

Regards

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:30 am

Hi, I had a similar situation. Check my post below
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93660

ILRFeb2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILRFeb2012 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

ceyes wrote:Hi, I had a similar situation. Check my post below
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93660
Thanks, my question is How much I have to pay for my daugther for same day appointment?
Actullay how much did you pay?

Thank you for your response.
Regards
Kalat