ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options - Naturalisation, LTR, Zambrano? Recommendations?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chebas

Options - Naturalisation, LTR, Zambrano? Recommendations?

Post by chebas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Guys, story is the following, me an my wife arrive in ireland in january 2007 with a work permit (green cards didn't exist until feb) but hten got a green card. I've been on the same job for all this time and (hopefully) will be for a while more.

Currently my Stamp 4 was given until the expiry date on my passport which is in Nov 2012 and it was my 4th trip to the gnib.

I was wondering which is better as I would qualify to:
-Get LTR
-Get a stamp 4 under the Zambrano thing as I have an Irish Baby (gorgeous little man)
-Naturalisation

I'm just asking if its worth to go for LTR and Naturalisation or is it worth to go for 1 of them. Both beign equal in process I'd rather be naturalised.

Thank as usual for your help.

Chebas[/list]

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:56 am

LTR - provided you have no gaps in your passport, you could apply for LTR january 2012. processing times currently around 6 months. Fee 500e. You would receive stamp 4 for 5 years. If your spouse is not employed herself, the best she could get is stamp 3 for 5 years, but there is no fee for her.
Naturalisation - you can apply after 5 years, again around january 2012. processing times can stretch to 3 years, but the outcome would be the most beneficial to you and your spouse for 950e each.
Zambrano - applicants are currently given 3 years, but i am not sure if they catter for applicants who already have stamps 1 and 4, or is it open only to holders of stamp 3 and stamp 2...
You can apply for LTR and you would be sorted until your naturalisation application is processed (if you have a spare 500e)

9jeirean

Re: Options - Naturalisation, LTR, Zambrano? Recommendations

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:57 am

chebas wrote:Hi Guys, story is the following, me an my wife arrive in ireland in january 2007 with a work permit (green cards didn't exist until feb) but hten got a green card. I've been on the same job for all this time and (hopefully) will be for a while more.

Currently my Stamp 4 was given until the expiry date on my passport which is in Nov 2012 and it was my 4th trip to the gnib.

I was wondering which is better as I would qualify to:
-Get LTR
-Get a stamp 4 under the Zambrano thing as I have an Irish Baby (gorgeous little man)
-Naturalisation

I'm just asking if its worth to go for LTR and Naturalisation or is it worth to go for 1 of them. Both beign equal in process I'd rather be naturalised.

Thank as usual for your help.

Chebas[/list]

I'll advise you apply for naturalization as soon as you hit the 5 years mark (January 2012) then go for Zambrano Stamp 4 once your existing stamp expires in November 2012. They are currently giving 3 years stamp for this. Reasons: LTR will send you back another 650eur + you will also have to wait up to 9 months for a decision. and it is currently run as an administrative scheme which may be subject to change (Very unlikely though) in the light of the current economic situation.

Good luck

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

chebas

Post by chebas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the time. That does sound like the best route.

riseen
Newly Registered

Post by riseen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 pm

The Zambrano case and parents of Irish citizen children

Posted on June 15, 2011
On 8 March 2011 the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled in the Zambrano case C 34/09, that an EU member state may not refuse the non-EU parents of a dependent child who is a citizen of, and resident in, an EU member state the right to live and work in that member state.

The Department of Justice and Equality is reviewing the cases of non-EEA parents of Irish citizen minor children which may meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case. If they meet the Zambrano criteria, the non-EEA parents may be given permission to live and work in Ireland without the requirement for an employment permit or business permission.

Non-EEA nationals with a stamp 2 or stamp 3 permission to remain in Ireland who think they meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case can apply at their local Garda registration office. They should bring documents such as birth certificates and proof of residency with them. If they meet the criteria, their immigration status may be changed to a stamp 4 permission which will allow them to live and work in Ireland without the need for an employment permit. If the immigration officer refuses to change their status to a stamp 4, the non-EEA national should write to the Repatriation Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service as described below.

A non-EEA national who does not have a current permission to remain in Ireland and who wishes to request a review of their case under the terms of the Zambrano judgement should write to the Repatriation Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, Department of Justice and Equality, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 and include the following documents:

A colour copy of the bio-data page of the Irish citizen child’s passport (the page with personal details and photo)

· The Irish citizen child’s original birth certificate – a copy is not acceptable.

· A colour copy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s own passport.

· Two colour passport-sized photographs, signed on the back by the applicant.

· A copy of the applicant’s current GNIB certificate of registration (if applicable)

· Documentary evidence that the Irish citizen child is living in the State.

· Proof of the applicant’s address and residence in Ireland (e.g. current utility bills etc).

· Documentary evidence of the role the applicant is playing in his/her child’s life (e.g. letters from schools, crèches, etc).

· Any other information that the applicant considers relevant to his/her case.

In addition, an applicant must provide answers to the following questions:

· Has he/she ever been convicted of a criminal offence in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide specific details.

· Are there any charges pending against him/her in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide details.

In some cases, DNA evidence of a biological link to the Irish citizen child or children may also be required. Once a decision has been made, that decision and the consequences of the decision will be notified in writing to the persons concerned.

Parents of Irish citizen children who were previously removed from the State by deportation order, and who wish to now re-enter the State to reside with their Irish citizen child or children, may now seek a revocation of that deportation order. Those subject to deportation orders should apply in writing to the Repatriation Division of INIS as set out above, specifying their desire to have the deportation order lifted to enable them to re-enter the State.

Those parents of Irish citizen children who reside outside of Ireland but were never deported from the State now have the option of entering the State to reside and work. If they are visa required, they must apply online for a visa – check our document on visa requirements for entering Ireland.