ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application moderators senior members pls advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kdoshi2005

Extension application moderators senior members pls advise

Post by kdoshi2005 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I have to make application for extension in a weeks time, I have a job since september 2005, my confusion is that I was posted abroad by my company for 4 months during the last 8 months, however my salary, taxes NI etc was paid in Uk. I am now posted back in UK since last month and have rented a house, I have all docs petaining to income like P 60, pay slips, last 3 months bank statements etc.
But I have rented a house only since last 1 month (was staying in company accomodation earlier) so I have council tax bills, tv licence etc at my rented accomodation only since last 1 month.
1) Are the above documents sufficient for renewal.
2) Could I have a problem because I stayed out of Uk for 4 months during the last 8 months ?
Please reply
Thanks
K Doshi

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Mon May 08, 2006 9:56 pm

I have checked with Home Office in this regard. My company also want to deploy me on their out of UK office for 2 months and I verified this from HO.
According to them you can go on business trip as long as you keep the evidence like letter from employer,invitation letter that can prove your visit.

In my opinion FLR wouldn't be the problem. You need to keep the evidence as mentioned by HO incase they asked when you applied for ILR.

Cheers,

SherlyPk

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 am

even though u were physically abroad, but since your 'economic activity' was in UK, there should not be a problem.

get letter from employer stating they sent u on such and such project because u were the only one with the necessary skillset (proves your worth). also get a letter stating they provided accomodation.

send the rental agreement which will prove that u r committed to staying in the uk and have a contract with the landlord for accomodation.

also, u can call the utility company and ask them to send a confirmation letter of change of account to your name. so, even though u wont have a gas or electricity bill, you would still be able to prove residence and address.

hope this helps.

cheers

kdoshi2005

Post by kdoshi2005 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:26 pm

Friends thanks for your replies.

I have few questions regarding preparing the application, could sound silly.

1) How should I prepare the application, should I make a file of all original docs or should I send in loose papers.
2) I am told that staples should not be used, so how to put the 22 pages of FLR form together ?
3) Passport should be stapled to the application page or sent loose ?
4) Should I send all original docs or copies.

Thanks

Kd

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu May 11, 2006 11:07 am

1. You dont really need to send in a file. There arrnt as many documents as in an HSMP application.
2. You can use a paper clips.
3. Loose
4. Yes

kdoshi2005

Post by kdoshi2005 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:05 am

Dear MWazir

Thanks for your guidance.

The page nos 15 to 22 have guidance notes, do I need to send them with the form or I can keep them with me (to reduce the bulk)

Pls advise

Thanks

KD

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Extension application moderators senior members pls advi

Post by pantaiema » Thu May 18, 2006 5:58 pm

I fully believe that you will not get any problem with your extension.
As your economic activities is in the UK and taxes ,NI is paid in the uk

Good luck with your application> hoe to see your good message of approval

Pantaiema
kdoshi2005 wrote:I have to make application for extension in a weeks time, I have a job since september 2005, my confusion is that I was posted abroad by my company for 4 months during the last 8 months, however my salary, taxes NI etc was paid in Uk. I am now posted back in UK since last month and have rented a house, I have all docs petaining to income like P 60, pay slips, last 3 months bank statements etc.
But I have rented a house only since last 1 month (was staying in company accomodation earlier) so I have council tax bills, tv licence etc at my rented accomodation only since last 1 month.
1) Are the above documents sufficient for renewal.
2) Could I have a problem because I stayed out of Uk for 4 months during the last 8 months ?
Please reply
Thanks
K Doshi