ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding english test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b_queen

regarding english test

Post by b_queen » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:16 pm

hi there...im a BC and my husband is on student visa which will expire in february2012....he is going to apply for FLR(M) soon...as he is now here in UK for about 5yrs now does he need to do the english language test?

if yes,

he is planning to do the Cambrigde esol KET...the test includes reading and writing with speaking and listening....as we know you only require to do speaking and listening.....can he just do the speaking and listening or he will have to do reading and writing test aswell?.

before taking the test does her need to attend any lessons for that or he can sit the test straight away?
....plz reply..thnkx :)

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

hi, the old test guidelins were speaking and listening, the new test guidelines are the same speaking and listening, however the new list contains test that do not have the speaking/listening level.

I did a PhD in England, I have been working for 3 years in the UK and when I called the enquiry line no one could confirm a PhD is proof that I can speak/understand english, therefore I took the test listed in the old list.

My advice is to take the test, the level is very easy, if your partner has been studying he wont struggle... my test was
1.- listen to a conversation about booking a train ticket and short questionnaire
2.- listen the weatherforcast and short questionnaire
3.- Introduce myself to an interviewer and tell him about me
4.- Role play of booking a table for a meal..