ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could Tier1 dependent apply for ILR before main application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashokkru
Newly Registered

Could Tier1 dependent apply for ILR before main application?

Post by ashokkru » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,
This form has been very helpful and cleared many of my doubts/questions and provided me with clear information – thank you.

After repetitive search, I can’t find answers to the following questions. Appreciate if you could please answer.

My wife came to UK in Jan 2007 on work permit. In July 2009, she obtained Tier1 Dependent visa(I was granted Tier1 visa in June 2007 and extended my stay under tier1 until June 2012). She finishes 4 years 11 months in Dec 2011, is she eligible for applying for ILR before the main applicant?

[b]Question: [/b]Could WP(~2.5 yrs)+Tier1 dependent(2.5yrs) apply for ILR before the main applicant is eligibility to apply for ILR?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Could WP(~2.5 yrs)+Tier1 dependent(2.5yrs) apply for ILR before the main applicant is eligibility to apply for ILR?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Could Tier1 dependent apply for ILR before main applicat

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:51 pm

ashokkru wrote:Hi,

My wife came to UK in Jan 2007 on work permit. In July 2009, she obtained Tier1 Dependent visa(I was granted Tier1 visa in June 2007 and extended my stay under tier1 until June 2012). She finishes 4 years 11 months in Dec 2011, is she eligible for applying for ILR before the main applicant?

Thanks in advance.
no