ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reporting illegal immigrant!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edrelle
Newly Registered

reporting illegal immigrant!!!

Post by edrelle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:46 pm

hi everyone. i am not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry.

I reported an illegal immigrants last April 2011 (7 of them on intra company visa). Since June last year they were made redundant by the company they worked for (Enterprise who maintain infrusfracture in UK)
As far as I know the company they work for didn't report them in Home Office about the cancellation of their visa. Untill now they are staying here with their family and children using public access. Since then, they are working thru agency in factories and their dependant using their dependant visa in nursing home.

I am wondering if the Home Office will take action? Its been 2 months now since i reported it. The last time I heard (last week), they have been employed by the agency doing the same job as linesman using their old visa from previous employer.

Should I email the Home Office again or write them? I am just wondering if the goverment is really doing something for people who are here illegally. Thank you.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Why would you even want to do that? Being an immigrant yourself and probably knowing the difficulties these kind of people face? They aren't criminals, jeeeez.

edrelle
Newly Registered

Post by edrelle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Laura721 wrote:Why would you even want to do that? Being an immigrant yourself and probably knowing the difficulties these kind of people face? They aren't criminals, jeeeez.
are you saying violating immigration laws is not criminal offense?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Laura721 wrote:Why would you even want to do that? Being an immigrant yourself and probably knowing the difficulties these kind of people face? They aren't criminals, jeeeez.
Working in breach of the conditions of your visa is a criminal offence, that you can go to prison for.

To the original poster, you could report it again, but UKBA will not tell you what is going to happen, or not happen as the case may be.

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Illegal immigration is a crime that affects all who are here legally. As a law abiding citizen you have done the proper thing and reported it to the relevant authorities. This is no different to witnessing any other criminal acts.
PM

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Let me state my view on this. Many of the contributors here have no legal status for a multitude of reasons and approach the forum for advice. We are not here to judge from a legal point of view and I hope members feel that they will receive support where possible, (without condoning the route they have taken).
For that reason, I would be reluctant to give detailed advice on how to report someone who is suspected to be illegally resident in the UK at the risk of preventing members of asking advice openly on their situation.
Last edited by Casa on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:18 am

Alternatively, if it's a serious matter involving abuse/mistreatment:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/report-crime/