ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa for wife refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talknavin
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Visa for wife refused

Post by talknavin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi,

I recently applied for Tier 1 Dependent Visa for my wife and the Visa was refused for insufficient evidence of marriage. I only provided marriage certificate as evidence which was not considered sufficient by ECO.

I have appealed against the decision providing more evidences like pictures of engagement and court marriage. I also had traditional Indian wedding ceremony after the refusal and provided the pictures and invitation card of it as evidence with my appeal. I also provided mine & her mobile call history as evidence of communication between us. I have posted my appeal to New Delhi Visa Section and expecting refusal to be overturned by ECM review as it was mentioned on refusal notice that "we strongly recommend to submit more supporting evidences , your case might be resolved without hearing."

Its been 3 weeks now since the appeal was received by Visa Section, New Delhi. I have received the acknowledgement from them but unable to find about further progress. Is there any way I could find about the status of appeal ?

Also Is it possible to reapply again ? If yes, will there be any impact of refusal/appeal on reapplication decision time ?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Navin

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa for wife refused

Post by nionlight » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:33 pm

talknavin wrote:Hi,

I recently applied for Tier 1 Dependent Visa for my wife and the Visa was refused for insufficient evidence of marriage. I only provided marriage certificate as evidence which was not considered sufficient by ECO.

I have appealed against the decision providing more evidences like pictures of engagement and court marriage. I also had traditional Indian wedding ceremony after the refusal and provided the pictures and invitation card of it as evidence with my appeal. I also provided mine & her mobile call history as evidence of communication between us. I have posted my appeal to New Delhi Visa Section and expecting refusal to be overturned by ECM review as it was mentioned on refusal notice that "we strongly recommend to submit more supporting evidences , your case might be resolved without hearing."

Its been 3 weeks now since the appeal was received by Visa Section, New Delhi. I have received the acknowledgement from them but unable to find about further progress. Is there any way I could find about the status of appeal ?

Also Is it possible to reapply again ? If yes, will there be any impact of refusal/appeal on reapplication decision time ?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Navin
Hi Navin,
yes you can apply again. in theory, every case should be treated in its own merit. But I am not sure, if in practice this is maintained or not. case worker may want to see if you satisfy previous refusal reason.